Receiving Questions
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Receiving Questions

I've looked around and can't really find too many specifics about receiving once you get to MCRDPI. Can someone tell me what happens after you get on the yellow footprints and walk through the doors? As far as getting gear and when they take your civilian stuff. Also is the medical and dental screening the same as MEPS minus the dental? I leave Nov. 3rd and nerves are setting in and I like to be prepared..

As far as getting into receiving it is what it is. Lots of stuff to fill out and you get rid of your "Civi" trash. You are issued your gear and get a haircut - nothing terrible.

Basically the medical stuff is Eye exams, dental exams(basic dental checkup with followup work later on during training). You'll get innocs(shots) and take some blood for DNA and testing for HIV/AIDS and other garbage. Still not bad.

I'm not going to go into a whole digression of what happens because your Receiving Drill Instructors will answer any questions you might have and trust me, You'll be able to hear them. Your recruiter will give you all of the information you will need prior to arriving on the MCRD you will be going to. Nerves are nerves just do some breathing exercises and get some sleep on the bus. You'll need it.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's gonna happen - Do what you're told when you're told and sound off. Keep your eyes on your main goal in Boot Camp and soak as much information in as possible. It may save your life one day.

Last edited by CyX; 10-28-08 at 04:03 PM. Reason: grammar corrections

Receiving was the hardest time I had down there...that was the only thing no one had ever told me anything about. You'll be running around the Island, at least the receiving part for about 2 days with little to no sleep. Here's a hint, when they tell you to put you head down, put it down and get some freaking sleep.

Looking back, receiving was the only part of boot that I really honest to God wanted to quit in, and it was the easiest part of training!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CyX View Post
    As far as getting into receiving it is what it is. Lots of stuff to fill out and you get rid of your "Civi" trash. You are issued your gear and get a haircut - nothing terrible.

Basically the medical stuff is Eye exams, dental exams(basic dental checkup with followup work later on during training). You'll get innocs(shots) and take some blood for DNA and testing for HIV/AIDS and other garbage. Still not bad.

I'm not going to go into a whole digression of what happens because your Receiving Drill Instructors will answer any questions you might have and trust me, You'll be able to hear them. Your recruiter will give you all of the information you will need prior to arriving on the MCRD you will be going to. Nerves are nerves just do some breathing exercises and get some sleep on the bus. You'll need it.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's gonna happen - Do what you're told when you're told and sound off. Keep your eyes on your main goal in Boot Camp and soak as much information in as possible. It may save your life one day.

CyX You speak as though you have been there??

Receiving you will fill out a lot of paperwork. You will probably take the DLAB test. You will learn some rudimentary gagglefork drill so that you can mob from place to place. You'll take a pee pee test. You'll have the moment of truth where you'll be provided the oppurtunity to come clean about all the stuff you lied to your recruiter about. You'll study prac. One day will blur into the next as though you are living in the movie "Groundhog Day" . You will do this until you start the real deal training on T-1

Recieving sucked! I didn't go to MCRDPI...was at MCRDSD but the recieving there was crappy. I remember all of us falling asleep on the cold metal benches at medical waiting for our shots. The Drill Instructors would go around and kill anyone who closed there eyes. I remember the corpsmen being worse then the drill instructors. Recieving is a long and boring 5 days until you get to black friday...where the real fun begins.

I don't think receiving will be too bad for me. My brother, a former Navy Corpsman, is sending me on a mission. He wants me to compile the names of every Corpsman I see, so he can see if he knew them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    CyX You speak as though you have been there??
    He has been there. He was med-sep'd after a couple weeks with a blown ACL...I think that's what he hurt.

Recieving was like a blur to me. A scary, mind-numbing, insomnia-induced, "what the hell have I gotten myself into" blur.....

Quote Originally Posted by carpe noctum View Post
    I don't think receiving will be too bad for me. My brother, a former Navy Corpsman, is sending me on a mission. He wants me to compile the names of every Corpsman I see, so he can see if he knew them or not.
    We don't really give a rats ass what you think will be easy for you. You're really starting to **** me off. This kid asked a question and why do you feel the need to respond? Your reply offered no sort of insight at all beside self bolstering. You think you're a tough mother ****er but you'll be the one, you will. This is not the only time you've drawn my attention or other Marines. You better stand the **** down poolee. I may be taking it to the extreme on this post, but it's after several that have really ****ed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    We don't really give a rats ass what you think will be easy for you. You're really starting to **** me off. This kid asked a question and why do you feel the need to respond? Your reply offered no sort of insight at all beside self bolstering. You think you're a tough mother ****er but you'll be the one, you will. This is not the only time you've drawn my attention or other Marines. You better stand the **** down poolee. I may be taking it to the extreme on this post, but it's after several that have really ****ed me off.

He thinks he's got boot camp all figured out already. He'll change his mind once he sees the DIs at the SD Airport, never mind the Depot!

Credits
    Savings
    Recieving is the first part of your military education, the hurry up and wait part!

Credits
    Savings
    WOW! Methinks the Dirty Dozen may have grown by one. Good Job!!

Quote Originally Posted by carpe noctum View Post

Holy crap...

ololol @ Internet tough guys. Also, your reply offered no insight either. The PM system is for addressing individual users, so please use that. Until then, slow your roll on the damn Internet.

Thread Information