Is college in the reserves practical?
Create Post
    Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings

Is college in the reserves practical?

Hi. Please give me your thoughts. Im 18 and have completed my first year of college. I live in florida where i am taking advantage of full scholarships for school. I want to join the marines full time but i see that it would be stupid to throw away so much free college money. Would the reserves be a viable option in my case? As i understand it i would go through boot and serve active duty for a short time, then my commitment would only be one weekend a month. Since i have 5 years to use the rest of my scholarship money, would it be plausible to complete my degree under reserve status and then change to active duty full time? How exactly does this work? Thanks for your help!

Silver_XAT

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question

I too wish to go to college. But like you, I too, need to know more about the reserves. Hopefully, someone will tell us alittle something.

Alexander, get off yer dead ass and look around the site. I'm pretty sure what ya need to know is posted. If not...

there's always yer local recruiter. Initiative you ain't got. You've been told several times in response to ter questions that what you need to know is posted here. LOOK.

If you look first, someone might help ya if ya can't find what ya need.

Until then....

Thread Information