MOS question
Create Post

Thread: MOS question

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS question

I don't know if my son has the wrong number but I can't find a 8952 anywhere. Does anyone know what an 8952 is?

I think you have the wrong number, Ma'am. I looked through a list of Marine Corps MOS's and couldn't find a 8952.

Your best bet is to call his recruiter and ask. Being a parent they should give you the info.

Credits
    Savings
    I quess he sent the wrong number, he texted me, he texted again saying it's in the 89 field and that it's aviation I'll called his recuiter and got voice mail. I left a message.

Credits
    Savings
    Maybe he meant 59xx? 59xx field is electronic maintenance specializing on systems related to aviation.

Credits
    Savings
    We were told by the recuriting office his job was a crew chief on a helicopter. Of course when he was asked by a DI what his MOS was and he said Crew Chief they all had a good laugh on him. I'm just a little confused. I suppose he can work towards crew cheif and that's what he training will do. I just don't know

Ma'am, I'm thinking that he is talking about a "B" code identifier and not his primary MOS. Which simply put means additional training.

By no means is your son a crew chief-to-be unless he signed the AG contract at MEPS, in which case his MOS would be in the 61xx field. I'm in a non-deployable squadron, so I don't know how things work for them, but not even homebrew crew chiefs are allowed these days.

The MOS you are looking for is 8972 "aircrew trainee"

That would be 9972. (all these numbers hurt my head >< )

I am in the same boat mom! very confusing!

Thread Information