How reluctant are they with the mos's?
Create Post

How reluctant are they with the mos's?

Like say I go in as some office/admin mos, then find out im an excellent marksman, will they change my mos right on the spot? or can i ask it to be changed?

Buddy to my knowledge- once your committed to an mos, that's it. Whatever you sign in your pre-ship contract is what your getting

Quote Originally Posted by Kp42 View Post
    Buddy to my knowledge- once your committed to an mos, that's it. Whatever you sign in your pre-ship contract is what your getting
    anyone here with aviation electronics mos or know someone with that mos? is it ok? very good? terrible? Like i can still change my mos i don't ship for another 2 weeks, so im really having 2nd thoughts now.

No, you can not change your MOS once you ship to boot. Just because you shoot well doesn't mean anything. You chose your MOS and that's that. What's wrong with Aviation Electronics?

Remember that every Marine is a rifleman...no matter the MOS.

Only way you are guaranteed to get a new MOS after Boot Camp and MCT is if you rock out of the one you chose for yourself.

Your stuck with what you sign. Unless you can't pass the tests required to be in a MOS. If you change your MOS now your ship date will probably be shoved back a bit and your recruiter will be ****ed but its your life.

lol, this kid really thinks its like the movies. "Wow you shot better than anyone I've ever seen! You're gonna be a scout sniper!"

Whatever the contract you signed entering the Corps with is what you get, barring an injury or you not being able to pass the exams.

Oh, and if you think being "stupid" and failing the tests will secure you an 03 job, you're wrong.

Credits
    Savings
    Are you signing up for a specific MOS or just an oc field? Usually you sign up for an oc field and then your specifc MOS is chosen at a later date and usually not by you.

Thread Information