VA Claims Tips - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VA Claims Tips

va claims

troutzilla, I was with the 23rd Americal as an MP in '68, and the last 30 days of the duty, was lead jeep gunner on the convoy every day to hill 63. We were ambushed the last week I was there, and slept on the ground at 63, and made it back to Chu-lai the next day. I later became a Crew Chief on 46's and flew into Baldy at times, and all over I Corps. Loved it. I believe the actual number of Vetnam Vets that for sure touched dirt there was not many over 2 million. Now there seems to be about 5-10 million plus people that claims to have been there. There are so many getting money for nothing, its funny. I spent 20 months there, and would have extended again if I had had the chance. But thats the way it goes. I used to try to tell people what, and how to do it, but there are more people every day trying to get something for nothin, it stinks, so I stopped. I have always wondered why they had to have Marine Gunners on an Army convoy. Noticed your avitar, and thought I'd mention this, and say hey there. Have good ones, and Hope the ones that need, and deserve it, gets it. I recomend the DAV for help. There are 399 of us dying every day, and it won't be long before all the actuals are gone, including me. Thats if I let the va treat me. I've only been mis-diagnosed by them 6 times now. All would have put me under. I had the sense, and money(wifes insurance), to go to a Private Dr. Just go to the speciality clinics now. Better for my health. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Ace,your the man and completely correct.Always get the best Medical Care-you can afford.If you eyed my Va Postings-you know i was treated like a peasant-when I first went to the Va-for my liver disease.Later told I was crazy-from Vietnam-suddenly those records are no-longer to be found.When I applied for PTSD-All of a sudden-I was told I was completely mentally healed-What do you know-I was A Mental-Medical Miracle-Of Va PTSD-Compensation&Pension.Yeah I never asked for nothing-because they make you feel like Sh*T.My liver deserved more-I know that-Every Vietnam Veteran is crazy.Be Proud of it-and this Country created it.You get used and disposed of.This Country gives money away to Enemies-what about the Patriots that stood up for their country to be counted on.History has CRS-Cant Remember Sh*t and because of that Americans Die.God Bless you Ace and God Protect America from America.....Amen

Thank God-There's The United States Marine Corps-The Last Hope in American Freedom...Semper FI.

Register with this site and you can track your claim.

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefi...enefits.portal

If you are still on AD, have your military medical facility print out copies of your medical notes and appointments. Make two copies each of your medical and dental records. Since approx 2003 the services started doing most medical paperwork electronically. Since approx 2009 these medical notes, paperwork and documentation have been tied into one database.

The best advice is to see your local VA facility while still on AD and ask them for what they need. If you have an EAS you can start the process prior to getting off AD. You can't submit the request for disability until you have your DD214 but at least you can have the VA look at your ailments before you get off AD.

sf
    LtCol K

Here is the VA link to the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD).

http://www.vba.va.gov/VBA/benefits/f...d_brochure.pdf

sf
    LtCol K

I just opened a disability claim for an ankle injury I had in service and now I have bad arthritis. I am already with the VA and the arthritis was diagnosed by their orthopedic Doc.
    My vet rep. has a copy of my medical record from that time frame. My question is, based on your experiences, Does the VA treat arthritis as a bonifide disability?

Yes, if it is the residual of an injury.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I would like to give the results on the VA helping my Mom at ass living, as i said before my father was Army never rated ww2, she has 4sons served viet nam one buried at Ft Logan cemetery , i thought the VA has to have something for her , i ask and knock on doors at the va they all said no, iwas in my group at the VA and brought it up with the help of this site, i found out there was,its called aid and attendance but medicaid wont help if the VA starts helping .VA pays 159$a month medicate pays 80$, every little bit helps. her bill is 3500$ a month,this is just a update

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Agent Orange

Recently,November 2011, I applied for Agent Orange claim as I have both heart and diabetes problems. Am curious as to how long the wait is for the disposition of my claim. All my records for both problems were sent in by my VA Rep and acknoledged by the VA also the possible monetary value. Iretured in October 1976 with 22 years and am a Gunnery Sergeant. Any ideas/opinions? Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weidman View Post
    Recently,November 2011, I applied for Agent Orange claim as I have both heart and diabetes problems. Am curious as to how long the wait is for the disposition of my claim. All my records for both problems were sent in by my VA Rep and acknoledged by the VA also the possible monetary value. Iretured in October 1976 with 22 years and am a Gunnery Sergeant. Any ideas/opinions? Thanks

The wait time depends on a number of factors. Have you had your C&P exams yet?

My PTSD/hearing loss claim took only a few months from claim submission to initial determination, but that was pretty fast. It depends on the work load at your VA regional office and C&P exam center. However, my appeal on the percentage for PTSD is still pending since Sep 2011. I am not appealing the hearing loss/tinnitus claim percentage. My VA regional office is at St Petersburg, FL.

Another site member took 22-months from filing to initial determination. His regional office was Baltimore, MD.

As to what percentage they may give you, who knows? It depends on how bad your diabetes and heart problems are, etc. Sometimes I think they just throw a dart at a board and see what comes up.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Agent Orange Claim

I take 10 meds each AM, one @ noon,two at dinner and two at PM. Had a massive heart attack in October, 1995 at which time the docs told my Wife that it looked like I wouldn't make it, but being the old "crusty" Gunny that I am, I dug in and held the line. Only an angio (?) plasty seemed to have saved me. Had another just before Thanksgiving two years ago which was minor. First time, I was awake when they hit me with the paddles, and believe me it hurt a bunch, but I told them to do what they had to do, no problem.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weidman View Post
    I take 10 meds each AM, one @ noon,two at dinner and two at PM. Had a massive heart attack in October, 1995 at which time the docs told my Wife that it looked like I wouldn't make it, but being the old "crusty" Gunny that I am, I dug in and held the line. Only an angio (?) plasty seemed to have saved me. Had another just before Thanksgiving two years ago which was minor. First time, I was awake when they hit me with the paddles, and believe me it hurt a bunch, but I told them to do what they had to do, no problem.
    You must have been in ventricular tachycardia for them to zap you while still conscious. Normally they try to medicate you with IV Valium first. I'll bet that zap shook some of the rust off your pipes.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Agent Orange

Fortunately, I seem to have a really high pain threshold. I think they hit me about 6-8 times and a big shot of blood thinner. Seems to me I heard the rescue people say I had a pulse of 12 and zero blood pressure at one time. My wife said that where I had a hole, I bled. I think the thinner was something called TPA. I plan on living to be 150 just to pi$$ them off. LOL

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I am 100and p&t, received a letter yesterday from the VA asking if i was employed the last 12months if so list the employers and they will adjust my rating no i have not work, iam just wondering if these type of letters are normal,kinda of got me freak cause i just freak out over anything that is a threat to me , any input would help me to think its all good, s/f

Thread Information