Marine Corps' Birthday
Create Post

Lightbulb Marine Corps' Birthday

I just realized something. I'm under the belief that boot camp is 3 months long. I leave for recruit training on 20090810. So this means that graduation day for me will be on or around the same time as the Marine Corps' birthday. If so, does anything interesting happens at boot camp if graduation is on the same day as the Corps' birthday? What if the Corps' birthday date falls while recruit training is going on? Does anything interesting happen? Do we get quarter decked just for fun ha ha?

You'll get cake and ice cream, get to have your girlfriend come out for the Marine Corps Ball, and you get liberty all day!

Really, you may get a nicer meal that day, you'll probably see the cake cutting ceremony, and then you'll be back to a pretty normal routine. The 10th doesn't fall on a Friday next year, so you would not be graduating on the Birthday. I'd assume that if that were to happen you'd be likely to graduate a day early so that the Marines that take part in the ceremony could have the day off.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You'll get cake and ice cream, get to have your girlfriend come out for the Marine Corps Ball, and you get liberty all day!

And if your good Ms.Rottencrotch may jump out of the cake bearing sparklers!

You have a whole lot more to be concerned with than worrying about how you are going to spend the Marine Corps Birthday in boot camp....you have a long way to go....use your time in a better constructive manner!

Thanks corporal. And you are right Staff Sergeant. Tomorrow at PT i will add 2 extra miles for not using my time in a constructive manner.

[quote=Phantom Blooper;402077]And if your good Ms.Rottencrotch may jump out of the cake bearing sparklers!

Ah yes I remember her well,red head wasn't she ?

I was in boot camp during the Marine Corps Birthday. We saw a cake in the chow hall but weren't allowed to go anywhere near it. We were not Marines yet so of course, we were not allowed to participate or see any ceremony.

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know about the Marine Corps Birthday but I heard they have a little informal party for you if it's your Birthday during boot camp!

ha ha looks like I'm **** out of luck Corporal. I missed by birthday by 6 days.. but oh well.

I was in bootcamp during the birthday. It was a Monday and I was at the range. I'm pretty sure we had some birthday cake and ice cream of sort. Somewhere around here I think I have a birthday napkin that I saved from that day.

Thread Information