USMC dress cover. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You'd need a metal coat hanger, cut in half. It gets bent at a 90 degree angle and put across the top (basically making a V in the top of the cover) and bent around the screwposts at the bottom. Called a cheater bar.

The metal strip on the halo gets flattened (with a hammer, or any blunt tool) then bent backwards (so the 'back' side of the halo is actually the part touching the cloth) at the same angle of the bill of the cover. Wrap the black part of the frame with electrical tape.

Sometimes another halo (minus the front metal strip) is put in the cover to help it keep shape.

Hard to explain, would be easier to show with pictures but I don't have access to my personal camera/computer/cover right now.

Are you looking for a 30 mission dip in the cover?

I appreciate your response!You're right,showing pictures would make it easier.Again,look at the cover of Leatherneck July this year.I probably will try to do it according to your explanation.Semper Fi!

Anyway someone could please upload some pictures? I would love to be squared away for the ball this year, as it will be my first.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I would like tos ee what is so special about what the silent drill guys do to their covers..??...

I just got a Kingform a few weeks ago and I don't think it gets much nicer

Hrmmm, I just ordered one this week, mine should be here Monday. I hope it looks as nice as everyone says they do. I paid $58 for it!

i would really like to know how to style my cover the way 8th and I do it. That would really be awesome to look sharp for my ball. any pictures or videos would be greatly appreciated.

polizei, it will, just don't set it done upside down, it'll make the vinyl dirty.

itz, I don't see what's so special about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    itz, I don't see what's so special about that.
    probably because its not "gull winged", seen that on a few turds who wore them that way, its an easy fix.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ...Didn't know you Grunts had covers for your DRESSES!!!

I just got my cover yesterday, it does look great! It's much more stiff and "pressed," which of course keeps the form and makes it look a lot better! The overall fit is much better as well, and the Kingform is much more comfortable to wear.

yeah, you won't have a headache after putting it on.

Everyone at 8th & I built there cover. Our covers in Color Guard were a little different we also had plastic in the top of the cover so you didnt sweat through it. Semper Fi

Cantrell

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ...Didn't know you Grunts had covers for your DRESSES!!!
    haha funny doc. atleast we're not seamen

Quote Originally Posted by 8th&I Marine View Post
    Everyone at 8th & I built there cover. Our covers in Color Guard were a little different we also had plastic in the top of the cover so you didnt sweat through it. Semper Fi

Cantrell

one, how did you build them?

two, how do you sweat through vinyl?

Thread Information