USMC dress cover.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1

    USMC dress cover.

    Being a former Marine I'm looking for a white dress cover.However,I've not found one exactly as I want it,i.e. like those worn by the Marines on the Silent Drill Team.Size 6 3/4 or 6 5/8.I'd appreciate your assistance!
    Semper Fi !

  2. #2
    I would guess they would be wearing the white vinal covers. I wish i could help you out as for ordering online, but i don't have first hand experience with anyone online. I know for a fact that they are sold at Lejeune, PI, any Marine Corps base if you are close to them. They sell them "premade" in these places. Meaning the vinal cover already on the frame.

    You might try this site for online orders of one.

  3. #3
    Marine Free Member bigdog43701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    check out the Marine shop. possibly just a standard barracks cover with the Sea Duty Dip in it.

  4. #4

    that's where I got my Dress Cover from. Get Kingform Cap, it's really good.

  5. #5
    Maybe Sgt Grit has the cover for you,try it out..

  6. #6
    USCCUSTOMER SERVICE or 1-800-368-4088 you will also need your DD-214 cheapest place I have found, Semper FI.

  7. #7
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Try EBAY

  8. #8
    STILL NEED HELP!!I have yet to find a dress cover like those worn by the Marines at 8 & I.See the cover on the cover(!)of Leatherneck Magazine,July 2009.That's what I need!

  9. #9

  10. #10
    My application failed!All info was correct.Now what?

  11. #11
    ummm are you enlisted???

  12. #12
    I was enlisted 30 years ago.

  13. #13
    All Marines at 8th & I wear cloth covers, and we build them ourselves to specifications. It's just a regular cover like we'd pick up at the PX.

  14. #14
    I understand that they're standard covers.However,the way that the 8&I Marines "style" their covers give them a superior look.How do they do it?

  15. #15
    You'd need a metal coat hanger, cut in half. It gets bent at a 90 degree angle and put across the top (basically making a V in the top of the cover) and bent around the screwposts at the bottom. Called a cheater bar.

    The metal strip on the halo gets flattened (with a hammer, or any blunt tool) then bent backwards (so the 'back' side of the halo is actually the part touching the cloth) at the same angle of the bill of the cover. Wrap the black part of the frame with electrical tape.

    Sometimes another halo (minus the front metal strip) is put in the cover to help it keep shape.

    Hard to explain, would be easier to show with pictures but I don't have access to my personal camera/computer/cover right now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts