Look what I found
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Look what I found

google'd "Army Iraq Thanksgiving" and "Marines Iraq Thanksgiving".

I'm pretty sure all the Army pics were indoors and all the Marine pics were outdoors. I don't want to be called out if anyone finds a Marine inside on like the 6th page, so I won't say they were all like this.

The Army's Thanksgiving in Iraq

The Marine's Thanksgiving in Iraq

Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    Whats your point?
    Are you kidding?

The Army guy chomping down at some leg-like thing in a chow hall on Thanksgiving and the Marines eating outside in the freezing cold? You see the pictures, right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In my Corps every day is a holiday and every meals a feast!

Trust me, there are plenty of Marines sitting in chow halls and plenty of Army guys outside. It just happens to be the pictures you found didn't work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Trust me, there are plenty of Marines sitting in chow halls and plenty of Army guys outside. It just happens to be the pictures you found didn't work out that way.
    I know corporal, I just couldn't resist....after seeing those Army nasties SITTING DOWN DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IN UNIFORM DURING A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAME, I....man I feel better than them just as a civilian simply because I STOOD UP, let alone being a Marine poolee. It's not a hatred thing for them, definitely. I have mad respect for our soldiers. It's just....how could you be that bad?

Achped, look in the back left of the Army picture and tell me those ain't Marine Cammies. I'm just happy they're getting some good food even without their loved ones.

The Army guy chomping down at some leg-like thing in a chow hall on Thanksgiving and the Marines eating outside in the freezing cold? You see the pictures, right?
    That leg-like thing is a crab leg and yes they were tasty.

You really cannot assume too much from just one set of pictures. Most all Marines in the front over there get the chance to spend some R&R time at a real base like Al Asad or Camp Faluja every once and a while. Even some of the smaller bases like Korean Village are having these huge chowhalls erected and they're all staffed by these happy civilians and there's oldies music playing throughout the hall and you roll up there and have yourself a greedy meal. Make sure you shave first though. You don't want to set your tray down, grab your fork only to be chewed out by some crusty Gunny for five minutes as you stare at the best meal you've seen in a month.

My company would send a section back to KV every month or so for a bit of maintenance on our LAVs and R&R. You'd get there, get whatever word your platoon commander had for you and then make a b-line for the chowhall.

So that could just as well been me in the chowhall pic but in no way would it be indicative of how we were living. No complaints though. Give me the right MRE and i'll make you a birthday cake!

Credits
    Savings
    A hot and a cot are two things I personally would never question to anybody, regardless of branch of service, who is putting their butt on the line for my freedoms. I can understand, to an extent, what you meant by the picture, but in this situation this soldier has earned the right to eat whatever he wants and however much he wants.

I remember that place, although I was there in 2005. That's the DFAC in Al Asad.

"A HERO IS SOMEONE WHO STEPS UP, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE BACKS DOWN"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Matt.....sigh.......for someone that has had such a TOUGH YEAR in the Corps, you sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands, if this is all you do! But do you know the Ironic thing about all this crap? I'll bet that out of that group of Marines, in that picture, only 10% would trade duty for duty (MOS and all) with you, and you are in Hawaii!

You are probably (most likely) a very good Marine and my younger brother, and that gives you the right to give your opinion about this HEAR SAY evidence that the Army is better treated! We all know you can talk the talk, L/Cpl, but those guys are walking the walk as we speak! What those guys (Marine and Army) would say to you is, "Walk a mile in my boots, Marine"!

This "I have a friend that said", and the "I found on Google" is HEAR SAY! Be a Marine Matt, think before you post..........but then we've been telling you this for over a year now, haven't we?

Look, I know you mean well with this stuff you post, , but pleeeeease, think Marine!

Semper Fi L/Cpl, keep your head down......oh wait, you're in Hawaii!

Dave

Dave, look at the date of the original post.

my fault wasn't paying to much attention, first time I really used this account

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer View Post
    Dave, look at the date of the original post.

NOW DON'T I FEEL LIKE THE FOOLISH OLD MAN THAT I AM? Sorry Matt! I sencerily apologise! I gotta get me some new glasses, whew, I feel stupid! I really let my alligator mouth over load my lizard butt didn't I?

My Bad Guys!

Semper Fi,

Dave

Thread Information