MCRD, MCT, and MOS training
Create Post
    josephd
    Guest Free Member

MCRD, MCT, and MOS training

searcehd and did not find an answer...

my time in these three places (again MCRD, MCT, and MOS training) count as active duty time correct?

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    searcehd and did not find an answer...

my time in these three places (again MCRD, MCT, and MOS training) count as active duty time correct?
    Any phase of training is considered "Active Duty" so yes..I'm guessing you're trying to do the reserve thing?

off topic. you're from phx? thats pretty cool where abouts? I'm from west phx (peoria) to be specific.. who were your recruiters?

MCRD: 3 months
    MCT: 1 month
    MOS: depends on your MOS

Give or take.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diep View Post
    Any phase of training is considered "Active Duty" so yes..I'm guessing you're trying to do the reserve thing?

off topic. you're from phx? thats pretty cool where abouts? I'm from west phx (peoria) to be specific.. who were your recruiters?
    yes Corporal, I leave for MCRD on Monday and I will be a reservist for a few years while I finish school and then I am looking to get a PLC contract and go to OCS

yeah, westsider here also, I am in Glendale right by ASU West. My recruiter is Sgt. Thurnherr out of the Deer Valley office on I-17 and Bell Rd.

the reason I ask about the training equaling active duty time is that the Selected Reserve portion of the GI bill (chapter 1606, title 10) requires a period of time already served and active duty in order to be eligible. Between MCRD, MCT, MOS training that is more than enought time then according the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    yes Corporal, I leave for MCRD on Monday and I will be a reservist for a few years while I finish school and then I am looking to get a PLC contract and go to OCS

yeah, westsider here also, I am in Glendale right by ASU West. My recruiter is Sgt. Thurnherr out of the Deer Valley office on I-17 and Bell Rd.

the reason I ask about the training equaling active duty time is that the Selected Reserve portion of the GI bill (chapter 1606, title 10) requires a period of time already served and active duty in order to be eligible. Between MCRD, MCT, MOS training that is more than enought time then according the requirements.
    I figured that is why you were asking about this question. Also if you get deployed to a combat zone it is also considered "Active Duty" or in other words you will get activated and sent off to fight the good fight.

My grandmother is from glendale. I was thinking about going to ASU West whenever I get back in 2011 but who knows thats so far away right now.

Good luck and hope to see you in the fleet!

Thread Information