Boot Leave?
Create Post
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Boot Leave?

  1. #1

    Boot Leave?

    Just a few quick questions about boot leave:


    What day is day 1 of boot leave?

    Do weekends or holidays count against boot leave?

    Do you report to MCT on evening 10 or morning 11?

    Are you required to do anything specific while on boot leave?

    Are you forbidden from doing certain things while on boot leave?

    Is recruiters assistance required for everyone, selected at random, all-volunteer, or a combination?


    I understand that all of these will be answered in boot camp, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can right now. I'm just that kind of person. I like to know things. It's going to be harder than hell to not ask my DI's "why".


  2. #2
    Hope youre ready to throw the flip flops away


  3. #3
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imkopaka View Post
    Just a few quick questions about boot leave:


    What day is day 1 of boot leave?

    Do weekends or holidays count against boot leave?

    Do you report to MCT on evening 10 or morning 11?

    Are you required to do anything specific while on boot leave?

    Are you forbidden from doing certain things while on boot leave?

    Is recruiters assistance required for everyone, selected at random, all-volunteer, or a combination?


    I understand that all of these will be answered in boot camp, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can right now. I'm just that kind of person. I like to know things. It's going to be harder than hell to not ask my DI's "why".
    What ever the current specific answers are, they are going to be fair and apply to everyone.

    We were sitting around at free time talking about our gauranteed MOS's. Recruit Klados said, "I don't care, I just want to be a Marine." Everyone just shut up and got back to business.

    Klados got it right!


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imkopaka View Post
    Just a few quick questions about boot leave:


    What day is day 1 of boot leave?

    Do weekends or holidays count against boot leave?

    Do you report to MCT on evening 10 or morning 11?

    Are you required to do anything specific while on boot leave?

    Are you forbidden from doing certain things while on boot leave?

    Is recruiters assistance required for everyone, selected at random, all-volunteer, or a combination?


    I understand that all of these will be answered in boot camp, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can right now. I'm just that kind of person. I like to know things. It's going to be harder than hell to not ask my DI's "why".
    >You shouldn't be so mixed up and worried about that pesky boot leave anyways. I didn't take that s***! Well as far as my command knows anyways but boot leave starts whenever you graduate boot camp and yes it does count against you so whenever you show up to your command you'll be negative days.

    >Yes weekends and holidays count against leave time. Let's say you take christmas which everyone get's off those days you take off will be counted against you even though you already get those days off. However, the first and last day's you REQUEST leave on don't count against you. (All 10 days of boot count against you) Notice the boldface request.

    >You report to MCT as soon as your leave block is up. Whatever it specifically states on your orders you follow to the T.

    >Your boot leave is your boot leave. However I would recommend recruiting some people so that you rank up faster

    >Negative, you can do whatever you want on YOUR boot leave. Granted you don't wear your uniform out in the civilian workplace with the exception of certain DRESS UNIFORMS (Read about it in your "Green Monster")

    >Recruiter's Assistance (RA) is not required and it is voluntary and yes it is by random! So if you get picked for RA you have the option of executing those orders after boot leave or reporting straight to MCT.

    At any rate you will get homesick at times but then you will get used to it and the marine corps is like an extended family you learn to love them like your brothers or sisters. If you ask me I haven't been able to see my family for a year now. I'm stationed in Okinawa, Japan and am currently deployed to Iraq.

    Semp-Fi and good luck pup.


  5. #5
    brian21johansen
    Guest Free Member
    The first 2 days on boot leave for me were pretty cool....but after that I was bored to death and dying to go to MCT. Almost every Marine I know feels the same way. Your boot leave starts the moment after you graduate from recruit training(if you graduate that is). You can do almost anything on boot leave but I'm pretty sure your not allowed to leave the country........and don't do anything stupid.


  6. #6
    Some things to keep in mind about leave...

    If you take leave before 1200 that day won't be counted against your leave account. If you check out 1 minute later, and your leave starts at 1201 that day will be checked.

    Choosing your leave is a science. You have to have a calendar in front of you, and know everything that is going to happen in the command during that time (things you may or may not want to miss out on) and decide based on what you see.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Some things to keep in mind about leave...

    If you take leave before 1200 that day won't be counted against your leave account. If you check out 1 minute later, and your leave starts at 1201 that day will be checked.

    Choosing your leave is a science. You have to have a calendar in front of you, and know everything that is going to happen in the command during that time (things you may or may not want to miss out on) and decide based on what you see.
    especially whenever you get off a deployment because then it really comes into play because of combat pay ecttt.


  8. #8
    Marine Free Member Quinbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    4,063
    Credits
    12,715
    Savings
    0
    Images
    37
    You graduate somewhere around noon. That day is not counted as a day of leave. The next 10 days are. Your orders will have a report NLT(no later than) usually 2400 on the expiration of your leave. There are lots of things you should not do on your leave. Don't do drugs, don't get into fights, don't get into trouble with the law. There are things you should do. Hug your mom, go to church, run a couple miles, eat a home cooked meal.


  9. #9
    Marine Free Member OB MSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newport News
    Posts
    419
    Credits
    32
    Savings
    0
    As for RA, your recruiting station can send a request to have you come back to help out. When I reported to TMDE School after MCT, the Staff Sergeant in my RO sent a request and I was on a plane to home in 48. Got 30 days of RA out of it.

    But it also depends on when your school picks up. If you get to school and there are enough of you to make a class, you will start ASAP. Otherwise you could be on standby for a couple months.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    You graduate somewhere around noon. That day is not counted as a day of leave. The next 10 days are. Your orders will have a report NLT(no later than) usually 2400 on the expiration of your leave. There are lots of things you should not do on your leave. Don't do drugs, don't get into fights, don't get into trouble with the law. There are things you should do. Hug your mom, go to church, run a couple miles, eat a home cooked meal.

    That was very helpful, thanks. The most important thing on my mind was whether graduation day counted against your leave.

    Thanks to you too, Diep. That was a lot of imformation, and I am grateful that you took the time to type it all up.

    Also, if I got recruiters assistance, would I still have 10 days at the beginning completely to myself? Or would I be doing whatever my recruiter told me to do from day 1?


  11. #11
    RA is a temporary additional duty (TAD) I believe. So you shouldn't expect any liberty other than the usual times off. You'll probably work the same hours as the recruiters, although it seems to me that they would probably cut you some slack and let you f*ck off a bit.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by imkopaka View Post
    That was very helpful, thanks. The most important thing on my mind was whether graduation day counted against your leave.

    Thanks to you too, Diep. That was a lot of imformation, and I am grateful that you took the time to type it all up.

    Also, if I got recruiters assistance, would I still have 10 days at the beginning completely to myself? Or would I be doing whatever my recruiter told me to do from day 1?
    You get the initial 10 days of boot leave then you report in for your TAD orders


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts