Boot camp during high school?
Create Post

Boot camp during high school?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtNj7...eature=related

how is this Marine graduating high school?

There are certain stipulations where they allow you to go through boot camp during your jr year of h/s in the summer time but that is only a reservist thing. The details are sketchy but don't quote me on that one. It is possible though to go through boot camp and then be in h/s still.

That school board needs to be set straight.

Credits
    Savings
    Not sure but I believe this is a fairly common practice-not just one school board. Back home, seems like more Army recruits this way, but reservists can get a head start on being a reservist. I think they do it to keep young people who can't stay focused that long. You can't deploy and you may not able to complete your MOS school until you graduate HS. But you are locked in then.. Maybe that isn't a fair judgement. Anyone done this?

Not positive, but they did say it took him 3.5 years instead of 4 to "finish his academic requirements". Perhaps he went to boot camp at some point after he was "done" and came back to graduate with his class?

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He probably did what i did. I had all my high school credits in Jan of 1982. I went to Marine Corp Boot Camp on March 3rd of 1982, and graduated on May 28 1982 from boot camp. I attended my high school graduation on June 4th 1982. It's possible if you don't fail any classes in high school. I was already a Marine when most of my class mates were wondering what they were going to do with their lives. I didn't wear a uniform to graduation.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

We are aware of the Army's program that allows juniors to go to basic and come home for their senior year, but I've never heard of us doing that.
    More likely he did what Darkgreen0311 did.

My recruiter told me about how high school juniors could do basic training in the Army during the summer before their senior year but he told me it wasn't an option in the Marine Corps

Thread Information