Met some Israeli soldiers yesterday...
Closed Thread

Met some Israeli soldiers yesterday...

Well I talked with two Israeli soldiers yesterday. I found out some interesting things about their Army. Supposedly females are allowed to serve as instructors for combat units. They also have a infantry unit that is both male/female! I told these guys that would never happen in the Marines and they were as shocked as I was. They say the reason for this is because Israel is so small and everyone has to join the Army at 18. Airborne school is also open for any mos and you can go their at any time during your military career (3) years with request! I wish we could just go to any school like that.... Well to wrap things up both of the soldiers were combat reporters who were airborne qualified and have served in Gaza and Lebanon. They also said anyone can join the Israeli Army and they will teach you Hebrew before you go off to training.

There are other countries too, that utilize the female soldier. I like the idea for the Israeli's to do this. They have to use every means necessary to keep the wolf away. Talk about a paranoid bunch of people, i would be too. They have Iran wanting to destroy them publically and many other countries over there and many people right here in America that would love to see the downfall of Israel. Too bad for these hateful people that it wont ever happen. That is kinds cool about the airborne school and all. Maybe i should learn Hebrew!

Personally I admire those guys. I was in Israel back in 05. The people all have a common bond with each other. Everyone serves in the military and I am all for America making it mandatory for everyone to enlist at 18.

Not to mention they learn some hardcore stuff too....

Quote Originally Posted by DOWORK1 View Post
    Personally I admire those guys. I was in Israel back in 05. The people all have a common bond with each other. Everyone serves in the military and I am all for America making it mandatory for everyone to enlist at 18.

Careful about this....think about who you want watching your six. It's cliche but do you really want that dope smoking hippie who doesn't want to be there watching it? I'm all about a boot camp for civil service such as CCC, which I think would be pretty neat.

Mandatory military service at 18 wouldn't be worth it and would cause more problems than if China invaded the west coast and we had the current military numbers we're at now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah, then we really would have more dirtbags than we could handle

Mandatory service: Those who volunteer and are totally sqared away will have the honor of being enlisted personnel, those who are there because they were "mandated", will have to go to OCS.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by PFC Horse View Post
    Mandatory service: Those who volunteer and are totally sqared away will have the honor of being enlisted personnel, those who are there because they were "mandated", will have to go to OCS.
    How about those who are drafted just man up and grab a gun like the rest of us or the volunteers will just beat the **** out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17 View Post
    Not to mention they learn some hardcore stuff too....
    For real, and thats not a joke.

Look up a show called ultimate fighter, theres this woman instructor that scares the crap out of her students beats them up too the only catch is ther men are bigger than her, that woman can fight.

Thread Information