3rd MP Bn - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd MP Bn

Sgt Young I worked with you!

Sgt I gorgot was that down by the Dog Kennels?

I think it was Alpha Co I was with...too many years hve passed I just found this site by mistake...just was trying to find 3rd mp bn...

Bill Funk,
    I believe what you're looking for is 3rd MAF Brig and POW Compound.
    3rd MP's formed and trained in Camp Pendleton, then shipped to Nam on APA-199, the USS McGoffin.

Hey Curt Taylor......do you ever miss those conex boxes ?

I came over from Pendleton on the ship in '67, and ran the radio repair shop for a while. I don't remember the place having a name, but every place else was "the world," as in, "I wonder what's happening back in the world?"

Hello, I was Sgt. Timmons, assigned to C- 3rd MPs, we were attached to 1st MP Battalion, DaNang VN. C- had DaNang River Bridge Security. I was in-country from Oct 67 to May 68. Our First Shirt was Ayala, Gunny Conners, I was the Admin Chief. Cpl Killian and LCpl Leri were also in the office with me. Our Capt. was Lt. Moriarty. That about all I remember right now. Would like to hear from those that remember me.

Was with 3rd in '68. Trying to find anyone who might have contact info on Lt's. Melton & Leonard. Served with Melton at FLC before transferring to #rd and Lt Leonard save my ass on Aug 23 1968.

3rd..M.P. Bn. Danang

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Funk View Post
    What was the actual name of the Marine base where there was a POW prison and a prison for brig rats? I believe it was at the base of Hill 327 in 1969. (I was there '69-'70) I also think it was the 3rd MP Battalion HQS. Maybe 5 clicks out of DaNang. There was also a Dog Platoon there and ITT (Interrogator Translator Teams) there. Nearby was a 105mm Battery. Patrols sent out every night up the mountain. I tried to locate it in DaNang a few years back, but could not find it. Thanks & Semper Fi
    bill

I was assigned to the POW platoon from aug.1968 to may 1970.Yes you are correct it was located at the base of hill 327(the opposite side of the mountain of the px.) It was located next to the ammo dump that blew up.
    Cpl. Bob Puorro email "thewaterfrontman@comcast.net"

I was assigned to the POW platoon from aug.1968 to may 1970.Yes you are correctit was located at the base of hill 327(the opposite side of the mountain of the px).It was located next to the ammo dump that blew up. My superiors were Lt. Freemantle and Lt. Danny Cross.
    Semper Fi!

Cpl. Bob Puorro e-mail "thewaterfrontman@comcast.net"

Happy valley brig

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by larry778 View Post
    Was with 3rd in '68. Trying to find anyone who might have contact info on Lt's. Melton & Leonard. Served with Melton at FLC before transferring to #rd and Lt Leonard save my ass on Aug 23 1968.
    Aug.23,1968 is the day I stepped on the yellow footprints at P.I.

Thread Information