An interview with a Marine
Create Post

An interview with a Marine

I am a high school student currently enlisted in the USMC. 5811 is my MOS and I go to boot camp June 22nd. I am conducting a career project for one of my high school classes about the Marine Corp. I am posting a list of questions and hoping someone has the motivation to help me out. I am also supposed to have a contact information for my interview. You will not be contacted, but it is part of the assignment. If you would PM your contact info that would be great.

1. What is your name, rank, and current occupation?

2. Describe the working conditions of your place of employment? What specific duties do you have?

3. What particular types of conflict do you deal with on your job?

4. What is your educational background to prepare for this career? What would you suggest as a path to someone who is seeking the same career?

5. What is the common method of advancement in this career field?

6. What specific skills, knowledge, training, or experience do you need to complete the work you do?

7. What level of independence or freedom do you enjoy at your work?

8. What changes has your profession experienced due to technology, competition, global markets, increased quality standards, or other factors.

9. What does the future look like for opportunities of employment in this career?

10. What is the entry level salary and benefits for someone starting in this profession? What types of benefits are available to employees where you work?

11. Are there responsibilities and duties that you do that most people do not know about?

12. Is this a career that you would advise others to seek? Why or why not?

13. What are the best and worst aspects of your job?

14. Are there internships or early-entry positions that are available for people who are interested in this career?

15. What advice would you give to a person in high school who is interested in pursuing your career in the future?

16. What was the length of time of your boot camp and training schools?

17. Describe the purpose of the training you went through and how it has enabled you to excel at your job?

Thank you so much for whoever helps me out with this!

You need to repost this in the "Ask a Marine" section, otherwise it might get deleted from here since you're not a Marine.

Also, it's spelled "Marine CorpS"

And I wish you luck. I never got to do anything like that in school...

Thread Information