Why Wait?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Wait?

Why Wait?

Hey guys im back with another question that seems to keep me perplexed. I see alot of people waiting to go to boot camp around August but yet they always say I cant wait to get going. Then comes the quetion why didn't you enlist for a earlier date? I am planing on enlisting and going to boot camp a few weeks after i graduate. To me the faster i get it done the better and many others do to. I know many want to spend some time with friends but really what did you do all those years in school? Please poolees if you might want to add some insight onto why you enlisted on a later date.

PS: All medical reasons are different I am wanting people who chose to go later.

Daniel

It is the Summer months..Some do not want to go in the Winter when it is freezing.

So then why not go in June? Im talking about go right when they can after high school... but they wait until summers over..? This is my confusion

Why does it matter, honestly?

Some people like myself preferred to spend the summer having fun with friends and family before they go rushing off into the next 4 years of endless shennanigans.

I liked taking in how my life was changing, and how everything would probably be different when I got out, so I tried to enjoy it while it lasted...And I'm glad I did. Im in no rush, and according to the Marines that have already been there and done that neither should you.

Just because they chose a later date doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to go now. Sure, anyone who has a date to go to boot is anxious. ****, I don't even have a date and I'm anxious to get going. I'll be doing DEP and probably ship off in the Spring, which is what I want to do. I'll get home shortly before my 21st birthday, so my ten days of rest and relaxation will be well spent.

Credits
    Savings
    I get out of school on the 10th or 11th of June. Then on the 13th I graduate. The next day im going to MEPS and ill be on the Island on the 15th. Im super happy with my date. I also sign the last week of my Junior Year and went to MEPS the last day of school last year.

I enlisted about one month ago, my ship date is 20081103. I wanted to go ASAP, but I couldn't. The reason why people don't go right away is because the MOS they want isn't available. Whether or not there are MOS openings determines when you ship to bootcamp.

I'm actually pretty glad I went to the Island in the Winter. I've heard alot of horror stories about Summer time down there. Give me the cold any day.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantknight View Post
    I'm actually pretty glad I went to the Island in the Winter. I've heard alot of horror stories about Summer time down there. Give me the cold any day.
    I just heard a new one yesterday called "Making it rain".

I'm delaying my entry [no pun intended] because I'd rather go in the winter than in summer. Also my best friend is graduating Nov. 21st so I don't want to miss that. I'm shipping 20081215

This is what i wanted to know and its being answered as for kash im doing the exact same thing but only this year and Fubar you didn't need to get so angry about it.. it doens't matter but i was interested. Thank you all who have replyed

I didn't know anybody would wate. Maybe just to help get better prepared because they didn't join soon enough. I Graduate early, I graduate December 19th and I leave january 3rd or 4th, I forgot.

Lucky... i was thikning of trying to do summer school so i could grad early.

I pushed my date to the end of June because I turn 18 on June 19th... didn't want to risk having a cake sent to my mailbox.. however funny the person thinks it may be.

There are tons of reasons to wait. Maybe they have something planned for the summer. Maybe they would rather be in a smaller platoon than they would see during the summer months. Maybe they want to spend a birthday with their family. Maybe they're waiting for Suzy to head to college. In the end, it doesn't really matter all that much. We need people to ship throughout the year. If everyone wanted to ship in June they would end up being told no and that they had to wait anyway.

Thread Information