Phone Call
Create Post

Thread: Phone Call

Phone Call

I know at Parris Island they have a script mounted on the wall, and all you did read it and hang up.

But I watched this documentary Ears Open Eyeballs Click, and it looked like the recruits at MCRDSD were having conversations, I even heard one laugh.

So basically I was wondering if theres a script at MCRDSD, because if there's not I wanted to call my recruiter or my cousin who is a Marine.

Otherwise if there's a script I guess I'll just call my mom

no script its about a 15 second call "Hey mom im here" "Ok good luck have fun stay safe" "yup see you in 3 months love you bye"

Kool Im not callin my mom then.

Quote Originally Posted by SCrawford View Post
    "Ok good luck have fun stay safe"

Hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar08 View Post
    So basically I was wondering if theres a script at MCRDSD, because if there's not I wanted to call my recruiter or my cousin who is a Marine.
    The first call is somewhat scripted.

Any subsequent calls may be more personal.

Figures...Hollywood recruits get to make a personal call, then they go get fitted for their state trooper sunglasses, then they report immediately to a Padres baseball game for military appreciation day, where they eat hotdogs and drink soda for 3 hours. Before reporting to the pit where they tan to their liking.

lmao...but there's hills though.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Figures...Hollywood recruits get to make a personal call, then they go get fitted for their state trooper sunglasses, then they report immediately to a Padres baseball game for military appreciation day, where they eat hotdogs and drink soda for 3 hours. Before reporting to the pit where they tan to their liking.

Don't believe that crap! LOL

There's a reason they don't send females to San Diego...it's because it's harder than PI. Just goes to show you that PI is easier!!!

And I don't want to hear any of the crap about the sand fleas either...lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    There's a reason they don't send females to San Diego...
    They put one out there to run it - maybe that's why it's harder than PI?

Definitely A Script At Pi And I Wouldn't Have Said A Word Different Lol...if There's A Script I'm Sure You Won't Either Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    They put one out there to run it - maybe that's why it's harder than PI?
    LOL...because the General is going to go hump through those hills

Point taken though!

At PI, we did the scripted thing like everyone else does, and then we could earn additional phone calls home after 2nd phase by breaking the hand guards off our rifle during drill. The first movement in port-arms - if you "broke" the hand guards off the rifle you got a 5-minute call home. 5 minutes from the moment you left the squad-bay to head downstairs, make the call and come back, so the actual call was like 3 minutes, maybe. You had to really crack the rifle to make that happen - I think only 10 guys in our platoon managed to do it. I got a call home for that... the DI's actually just told me to go downstairs and use this "pay phone" that must have been loaded or always free. I went off by myself, with a watch from the scribe, and called my mommy,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MCRDSD is harder for only one reason,,,,Many are tempted to hop that iddy biddy fence. Seeing the city around you can add to the homesick factor. I know, I caught a bunch if em.
    MCRDPI is isolated as hell, nowhere to go but swamp, and you know it.

During Table PT near the airport was always fun! The planes would take off right over your head in the morning and you'd here a drill instructor...

DI - "Hey recruit such and such, where are you from?"

Recruit - "Salem, Oregon Sir!"

DI - "I bet that plane right there is flying into Salem today."

Recruit - "Yes Sir!"

DI - "Don't you want to be on the friggin plane recruit"

Recruit - "No Sir!"

DI - "Shut your filthy mouth you nasty thing!"

Recruit - "Aye Sir!"

Or while you're at Pendleton with I-5 running right next to the barracks...

DI - "Don't you go getting it in your head that you're going to go sneaking out at night and make a run for the highway like a mexican family coming across the border. The border patrol goes up and down the highway and they will shoot you because they think you're illegal!"

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post

LOL so freaking true!

Thread Information