Looking for my Drill Instructors - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marine online. it tells you your current paygrade and when you're how soon you're entitled for a promotion stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lemeeg View Post
    What's MOL?

Profile up so we all know who you are.

I was in Platoon 3117 at MCRD San Diego from Sept 17, 1972 to December 20, 1972. My Senior Drill Instructor was SSGT Smith and one of my Drill Instructors was SGT Bilbo. I believe Sgt Bilbo later became a CWO. Anyone knows where they may be today? Is there anyone out there that may have gone thru bootcamp with me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    US Marine Corps Drill Instructors Association
    National Headquarters
    PO Box 5401
    Parris Island, SC 29905

Sooo has anyone managed to locate Sgt Blair from India Co. Plt. 3080 that graduated Oct 2008? He's the DI I'd really want to talk to again!

drill instrutor

this is a web site for all drill instrutor's that have served

US Marine Corps Drill Instructors Association
    National Headquarters
    PO Box 5401
    Parris Island, SC 29905

Yea, your best bet is MOL; MarineOnline. You'll have to set it up sooner or later so when you do, you can get to finding them. It will probably provide a work phone and e-mail address. I would suggest emailing them at first.

Last edited by RYDERKUR; 01-07-09 at 07:27 PM. Reason: F'in grammar

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Yea, your best bet is MOL; MarineOnline. You'll have to set it up sooner or later so when you do, you can get to finding them. It will probably provide a work phone and e-mail address. I would suggest emailing them at first.
    How would you go about it if you only knew their last name?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    How would you go about it if you only knew their last name?
    Situation kind of dictates here in my thinking, Sergeant. There is also a search field for rank when you type in his last name, so that would narrow it down some. As in Hayne's situation, his DI is probably on the Drill Field still. When search results come up it also shows his current MOS, duty station, and unit; or as recruits pick up on, they probably know their DI's Fleet MOS so if he left the Drill Field, look for his possible current location and Fleet MOS. Kind of winded, but that would be my attack on your presented situation, Sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    Situation kind of dictates here in my thinking, Sergeant. There is also a search field for rank when you type in his last name, so that would narrow it down some. As in Hayne's situation, his DI is probably on the Drill Field still. When search results come up it also shows his current MOS, duty station, and unit; or as recruits pick up on, they probably know their DI's Fleet MOS so if he left the Drill Field, look for his possible current location and Fleet MOS. Kind of winded, but that would be my attack on your presented situation, Sergeant.
    Bro I go back to 1974 and if they happen to have been lifers their rank would have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Bro I go back to 1974 and if they happen to have been lifers their rank would have changed.
    Roger that Sergeant. I feel like a F'n idiot now. I thought you were trying to expound on the whole MOL thing. Like you say, their retirement days were probably still before MOL and who knows what their retired ranks were if they did life it. You got me stumped Sergeant, I guess the Drill Instructor Association idea above would be your best bet.

Last edited by RYDERKUR; 01-07-09 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Typical Ryder, had to fix something!

I was in platoon 3117 with you

Quote Originally Posted by Danbro 54 View Post
    I was in Platoon 3117 at MCRD San Diego from Sept 17, 1972 to December 20, 1972. My Senior Drill Instructor was SSGT Smith and one of my Drill Instructors was SGT Bilbo. I believe Sgt Bilbo later became a CWO. Anyone knows where they may be today? Is there anyone out there that may have gone thru bootcamp with me.
    I was in the same platoon with you back in 1972. My name is Daniel Postal and I enlisted with fellow marine who was in our same platoon named Patrick McBride. I don't know what became of SSGT Smith or SGT Bilco, but I will say Sgt John Bilbo made a lasting impression on me. He was one bad SOB and if I had to fight along someone, I'd still choose SGT Bilbo. You can email me at danpost32@yahoo.com

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    danpost32
    Please fill out your profile more completely as mandated by the site rules.

Thread Information