Combat fitness test - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's an addition to the PFT, doesn't replace it.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic13 View Post
    Well, from what i remember. You start out with a 1 mile sprint, it has to be completed in a certain time. After that you get a 5 minute break and move on to the ammo can lift, you hold the sides of the ammo can while standing up and have to keep lifting it above your head and locking your arms completely out (doesn't sound to hard but there's only so many times you can do it before you can lift it anymore). Then theres the final event, the one everyone is getting hurt on. You start out with a 20 or so yard sprint, dive in the ground and low crawl another 20 yards (don't take my word the yardage im not exactly sure how long it was). From that you have to run and weave inbetween some cones. From that you go and do a buddy drag, between cones also. Then from there you fire mans carry and run your buddy 75 yards, to which you end at 2 heavy ass ammo cans waiting for you. From there you run back with the ammo cans and get to the gernade part. You have to throw a gernade and make it into this little box thing (the more you miss the more points is taken off your score, which is kinda retarded). From there you grab your ammo cans and run the whole 75 yards back with them and then its over, i may have left a few things out but thats pretty much the gist of it.
    they changed it to a half a mile sprint, 45 ammo can lifts then the movement under fire.

I think the whole thing is a great idea- for Marines that don't have the 03 in front of their MOS. Honestly, I can see why grunts would be ticked off- they train for this kind of thing and being forced to play a check the box game with training just means some of their training time will have to be geared towards the event and not towards what the event is trying to prepare Marines to do.

For everyone that isn't a grunt, I love the idea. Our PT schedule was geared towards maxing PFT scores, nothing more. Running in PT gear is only so effective, eventually you need to transition to something a little more "realistic". For a grunt carrying an ammo can and throwing a dummy grenade is silly. For a pouge (or POG as it seems to be spelled now) it is at least geared towards something more productive than trying to run 3 miles in 18:00.

It will brake you off if you out of shape, but hey its only one day a year not really summin i would sit and ***** about.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    **** i did the cft the other night, and i felt like a ***** doing as well, i mean yea i was in itb and we did things similar to this, but that was also almost 9 months ago, now when i do this i realize how weak i got over the past months, but it is definatly an eye opener. i dont know why i hurt so bad doing this since ive been doing pt that breaks me the **** off everytime i do it just to destroy and make my body better but o well, this cft is a good thing at first but, it will either make your career or destroy it in the same process, if you fail its a beefed up page 11, and an adverse fit rep for sgt's and above. im just saying yea they should make this a seperate graded event that doesnt count towards your pft scores. but thats just my opinion.
    Does your keyboard have a (.) I tried reading your post, I mean actually reading it and comprehending but I couldn't get past the fact that that was the longest sentence in the history of sentences.

marineyf

I have been training Marines at the fitness center in preparedness for combat, and the CFT is helpful in getting them to focus on the type of training needed to be prepared. I know some people don't like it, but keep in mind that it is going to help everyone in the long run. Since I work in a fitness center, I see how out of shape some Marines (not all) but some are in and that they probably would have a problem if they had to maybe duck under barbed wire, run if fired upon, help a fellow Marine get out of harm's way. The CFT will help people focus on training for speed, agilit, and quickness.

I just ran the CFT with my reserve unit a few weeks ago and it was a lot tougher than what I thought. It was mainly tought because we ran it early in the morning in Michigan so it was pretty chilly out which is always hard on the lungs. Personally I thought it was fun though, it's something different than the standard PFT and requires a lot of stamina

Thread Information