Combat fitness test
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Combat fitness test

Has anyone done this new thing yet? It will break you the **** off

I concur. I felt like a ***** running the ammo cans back on the last leg of it.

I will be doing that combat fitness test this saturday. What do you all do?

Credits
    Savings
    Haven't had the honor just yet but this thing is a joke. I don't mean it is easy, I just think it is pretty pointless. Someone out there (the infamous "them" or maybe even just "Higher") trying to justify their existence. This used to be called training, where "if there is ***** in your heart it will show" . (seen on a UALC grad shirt) Seriously, though, do we NEED a graded event added to AT? I mean the field fire and the 350pt qual are symptoms of the same sickness. Is it a lack of faith in NCOs to develop their Marines? whatever. Need a drink now.. ha

Last edited by PaidinBlood; 10-06-08 at 06:26 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by 090112 View Post
    I will be doing that combat fitness test this saturday. What do you all do?
    What will you do? Report to the POOLEE hall! This place ain't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic13
    Has anyone done this new thing yet?
    We've actually been practicing it every other week during CO PT for a few months.

I did the 880 meter sprint last week in 2:45 in 45 degree weather and it broke my lungs off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood
    This used to be called training
    It still is called training. Now there's an incentive for Marines to do well. If it was scoreless there would be Marines just f*cking off and b*tching their way through it. I look at the CFT as one more way for the Marine Corps to weed out, or at least hold back the nasty, complaining, fat, worthless, out of shape f*ck off skates that I so love to hate.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I look at the CFT as one more way for the Marine Corps to weed out, or at least hold back the nasty, complaining, fat, worthless, out of shape f*ck off skates that I so love to hate.
    Watch where you aim that anger, brother-someone might take offense.. Seriously, though, what your unit is doing is exactly what I am saying is ideal. You should do stuff like this with your Marines regularly, monitoring their progress and working with them. Every job is different, and I can only speak to the 03 side. While much of our routine involves downtime, the job itself dictates a rigorous PT schedule. Even things that are not "PT" are strenuous. It becomes one more AT event to check off. I am not saying that it is so terrible (like I said, haven't run it) and yes, ideally, all of us should be able to do well at this. But we don't need to "simulate" combat simulation (repetition intentional). We simulate combat for a living. Who cares if a clown can pick up ammo cans out on the softball field? Can he keep up with his squad when rushing? Can he deliver the MG rounds to the top of the hill under "fire"? Can he get that rocket to the end of R400? I guess it tests the same things, but differently.

Having run my lips long enough, I guess the truth is even if we don't understand this, we are still Marines and will suck it up and go with the flow...

s/f
    Chris

ps-Congrats on the award.

The CFT is stupid.

I just spent the past 8 months hunting the Taliban in Afghanistan, doesn't that qualify?

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    **** i did the cft the other night, and i felt like a ***** doing as well, i mean yea i was in itb and we did things similar to this, but that was also almost 9 months ago, now when i do this i realize how weak i got over the past months, but it is definatly an eye opener. i dont know why i hurt so bad doing this since ive been doing pt that breaks me the **** off everytime i do it just to destroy and make my body better but o well, this cft is a good thing at first but, it will either make your career or destroy it in the same process, if you fail its a beefed up page 11, and an adverse fit rep for sgt's and above. im just saying yea they should make this a seperate graded event that doesnt count towards your pft scores. but thats just my opinion.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    [quote=PaidinBlood;396621]Seriously, though, what your unit is doing is exactly what I am saying is ideal. You should do stuff like this with your Marines regularly, monitoring their progress and working with them. Every job is different, and I can only speak to the 03 side. While much of our routine involves downtime, the job itself dictates a rigorous PT schedule. Even things that are not "PT" are strenuous. It becomes one more AT event to check off. I am not saying that it is so terrible (like I said, haven't run it) [quote=PaidinBlood;396621]

the bad thing about the cft is that i dont know if this is for all units, but if you fail not only does it show on your cutting score, and its a adverse fit rep for sgt's and above, but you are put on bcp for a full 6 months, thats not going to help you out at all, marines shouldnt be put on that **** just because you cant get a damn simulated grenade in a certain area after being broken the **** off running with ammo cans and pulling a buddy 25 yards, then running 75 with them in the firemans carry, i work in the airwing, but i also went through the infantry training when i was there, and seriously these guys/gals, cant run this **** and be able to pass it.

My senior DI said the combat fitness test was probably going to become mandatory like the PFT. Are they seriously requiring everyone to do it now?

Its funny, even the most in shape Marines really get broken down from it. Its stupid, so many ****ing Marines got hurt doing it that its completely not worth it, the corpman was running around everywhere. Yes, being in physical shape is important, but there are better, and safer ways of doing it, and safety is always more imporant. Not running 50 yards doing a firemans carry, then cutting threw cones with 2 heavy ass ammo cans, someone is bound to get hurt almost everytime.

so..... is this replacing the old pft? or just an addition to it?

Well, for us old geezers who've been out a year or three, can someone point to a description of the CFT? Events, requirements, scores, all that? I remember it being talked about back in 97-98 when I was last in the drilling Reserve, but I dunno what it's ended up looking like.

A URL would be plenty, I want to read up on it before I sound off about it...

SF!

Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Well, for us old geezers who've been out a year or three, can someone point to a description of the CFT? Events, requirements, scores, all that? I remember it being talked about back in 97-98 when I was last in the drilling Reserve, but I dunno what it's ended up looking like.

A URL would be plenty, I want to read up on it before I sound off about it...

SF!
    Here you go SSgt Maddox

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...6&archive=true

Well, from what i remember. You start out with a 1 mile sprint, it has to be completed in a certain time. After that you get a 5 minute break and move on to the ammo can lift, you hold the sides of the ammo can while standing up and have to keep lifting it above your head and locking your arms completely out (doesn't sound to hard but there's only so many times you can do it before you can lift it anymore). Then theres the final event, the one everyone is getting hurt on. You start out with a 20 or so yard sprint, dive in the ground and low crawl another 20 yards (don't take my word the yardage im not exactly sure how long it was). From that you have to run and weave inbetween some cones. From that you go and do a buddy drag, between cones also. Then from there you fire mans carry and run your buddy 75 yards, to which you end at 2 heavy ass ammo cans waiting for you. From there you run back with the ammo cans and get to the gernade part. You have to throw a gernade and make it into this little box thing (the more you miss the more points is taken off your score, which is kinda retarded). From there you grab your ammo cans and run the whole 75 yards back with them and then its over, i may have left a few things out but thats pretty much the gist of it.

Thread Information