Question about getting back in.
Create Post

Question about getting back in.

I am an RE-3F JDA1 Fraud/Uncharacterized Discharge. I was a discharged for a medical issue I no longer suffer from at all or in any shape or form.(non psychological...'migraines'). I can take the tests through MEPS to show it is NOT an issue anymore. It really wasn't an issue in boot but they seemed to think it was enough to send me home. I think I was just adjusting to the bright sun, heat, and stress. I come from up north where it's cold, occasionally sunny, and no stress. But back to the question.

I was discharged 080208. (my display name has always been wrong so ignore that)

I was looking to find out how to get back into the Marine Corps. Initially I was active but would like to go Reserve. Is that possible?

First of all,is it even possible to get back in with the RE-3F? I talked to a recruiter SHORTLY over the phone but he said he did not think I could. He sounded like he was new at recruiting though if that makes any sense to those who talk to a lot of them. I know the description for my RE code says I need CMC authority. How can I get CMC authority? Do I personally send a letter or do I go through a Recruiter?

If it definately is possible to get back in, I would like to call that recruiter back and ask him if he would be willing to help me get the CMC authorization.

I am willing to do anything to get back in. A single day has not passed where my mind and heart were not back at MCRD SD. I truly respect every single Marine and service member aboard this forum and I wish you all the best.

Poolees, when you get to boot camp you might hate it....but remember that it's going to be over before you know it, it's not a life sentence. No matter what stay away from Medical as much as you can and if you go there for the Crud....get your crack and get back to Full Duty. Don't tell them anything if you are hurting, having headaches, etc because your body is only adjusting and it will go away I promise you. Never forget what you are doing and why. Though you haven't earned it yet, you'll wear an EGA on your cammies and cover and boots. I used to put my hand on my left breast pocket every day over that stitching. It's yours to earn...don't let it slip away.

Any answers or questions can be PM'd or emailed to hurley_21_07@hotmail.com I would truly appreciate any assistance offered.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am at 300 PFT. I am not an unmotivated booger recruit.

Dan

Last edited by shpdt080701; 10-12-08 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Added a line.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shpdt080701 View Post
    I am an RE-3F JDA1 Fraud/Uncharacterized Discharge. I was a discharged for a medical issue I no longer suffer from at all or in any shape or form.(non psychological...'migraines').
    You sure it wasn't because you didn't tell them about these migraines beforehand? I would think if it was for migraines, it would have been a medical discharge.

For what it's worth, I used to have them too. I'm talking have to hide in a dark room with no sound or light whatsoever and throwing up til I got so tired I fell asleep. What brought mine on was stress - seems like I would have had them in the Corps but, I didn't. Maybe stress is what's bringing yours on. I really don't think becoming climatized to a certain part of the country would do it UNLESS you were just stressed over the whole thing. I got rid of the migraines when I got rid of what was stressing me out.

I would say suck it up. You tried, you failed, find your place in life outside the Corps. Think about it................you're in a unit in Afghanistan, stressed out, get a migraine and the proverbial caca hits the fan and splatters. What you gonna do? Even though the sun is too bright, the heat too hot, your head about to blow slap off, are you going to be able to get out there and fight with them or is somebody else going to have to pick up your slack?

Thumbs up

First let me say I am impressed with your motivation. Usually when you get these types of discharges from boot it is 50/50. I had a Marine who had come in prior service after being kicked out of the Army for misconduct. He had a General under Honorable conditions discharge and had a RE-3 and he had no problems getting in. He went to Airborne school and is now a motivated Marine. Good luck with everything.

I know what you are going through. Don't stop trying to get back in. If you want it bad enough... you will find a way.

They told us when we left there was a 6 month minimum wait but some of us there was only 2. So just use that time to make sure you really don't have a problem and stay busy during your wait, it makes the time pass a lot quicker.

-Gardner

I really appreciate the responses. I forgot to mention that I was in for Aviation Electronics.

Thank you.

I don't have any particular advice for you but I'd like to wish you good luck, if you're motivated enough (sounds like you are) you'll find a way.

It can happen, but it is going to take time and some work on your part. They aren't just going to throw the waiver at you, you will have to work for it.

Get in touch with a local recruiter and tell him you want to submit the needed paperwork for a waiver. Go to your doctor and document that it is no longer a problem and that it will not impact your ability to serve in the Marine Corps. Then do what you can and wait, be ready to be rejected and try again.

Echo Four Bravo nails it.

Thank you again for the responses. I will be contacting a recruiter as soon as I can.

I will update as things progress for those who care. Perhaps some of you will be able to follow right to a "New Marine" thread next year.

My hat is off to you fine Marines.

I'm curious, how far did you go before they discharged you? I'm assuming at boot, but before you could finish? Either way, keep your head up and keep trying!

T14. Three days from SDI Inspection. Only a week and a half away from the fun stuff.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Like Echo_Four_Bravo advised, be prepared to do a lot of leg work on your own. Work your ass off to give them a reason to say Yes. Be patient and don't let minor set backs and delays get you down.

Good thing you missed the SDI inspection, you could never get anything right
    and were always unsat or nasty.

Jarhead how the hell would you know???

Thread Information