Mentally troubled poolee seeking advice.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Mentally troubled poolee seeking advice.

I am a poolee and I do not know what to do. I have a Esprit de Coeur stronger than most poolees. I was donned Platoon Commander today. I can do crunches, pull ups no complaining, but when It gets to running I'm the biggest (insert choice words that DIs back in '52 where allowed to say). Does anyone know if anyone overweight by USMC standards only count as fat bodies or just anyone who doesn't carry a six pack, but a party keg? The only thing holding me back is my running. When we PT, all that I can think about is the Air Force. I do not know why. My dad and his father are as old as the army air corps before it changed in '47. Am I destined to be a Marine?

Any comments are appriciated.

What?

Credits
    Savings
    WTF are you smoking?

I've got no clue as to what the **** you are asking.

... and your favorite color is pink?

Pick ONE or TWO!!

dude, to pass a Marine Corps PFT you need like 27 minutes or so in a 3 mile. I'm not even that good of an athlete and I can do that backpedalling.

running sucks, but get over it. The bar isn't set that high, if you seriously can't get 27 minutes 3 mile, then the Army or the Air Force don't want you either.

As for favorite color being pink, well thats odd but who cares. I personally own a few pink shirts.

where the **** do recruiters find you guys these days? If your run time sucks get on the track and run, throw a backpack on with some weights in the back! Seriously dude, if I said no you'd never make it would you not bother trying?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronle06 View Post
    I have a Esprit de Coeur stronger than most poolees.
    You obviously can't spell better than they can. If you can't spell it, how do you know what it is? You'll never know what Esprit de Corps is until you're one of us.

And, what in the Sam Hill are you smokin? Whether you're destined to be/can be/will be a Marine or not is TOTALLY up to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    You obviously can't spell better than they can. If you can't spell it, how do you know what it is? You'll never know what Esprit de Corps is until you're one of us.

And, what in the Sam Hill are you smokin? Whether you're destined to be/can be/will be a Marine or not is TOTALLY up to you!

Maybe he really means "l'esprit de coeur"...the spirit of the heart? lol but I don't think there's such a phrase in french...at least in my 5 years of study.

Destiny is whatever you wrap your hands around and accomplish through hard work and discipline.

So you tell me... is it your destiny?

I don't think that running is your problem.I believe you have some severe personality issues that might be better served elsewhere.Marines adapt and overcome hurdles,you seem to whine and cry.If you are overweight and have problems with your run times then you suck it up and work twice as hard to overcome your hurdle.
    What is going to happen to you when you step off that bus onto the Yellow Footprints and have a D.I. in your face.Better yet God forgive you squeek by and then fall apart when the Bullets start to fly.You will get Marines killed,this isn't a game.
    You need to look in the mirror and say to yourself do i have what it takes to make it,is the Corps for me.Only you can answer that question.

When we PT, all that I can think about is the Air Force. I do not know why. My dad and his father are as old as the army air corps before it changed in '47. Am I destined to be a Marine?
    No.

Let me see, favorite color: Pink. Favorite movie: 300.

Hmm, I'm picking up a Spartacus vibe here.

On a serious note. Son, you need to man up and decide if you really want to join my Marine Corps. I've been out four years now. I've put on a little weight and I don't like it, so you know what I've been doing....

Running, going to the gym and working out. Why? Because it works and I can deal with it.

Step up or get the H&ll out of the way.

I am a poolee and I do not know what to do. I have a Esprit de Coeur stronger than most poolees. I was donned Platoon Commander today. I can do crunches, pull ups no complaining, but when It gets to running I'm the biggest (insert choice words that DIs back in '52 where allowed to say). Does anyone know if anyone overweight by USMC standards only count as fat bodies or just anyone who doesn't carry a six pack, but a party keg? The only thing holding me back is my running. When we PT, all that I can think about is the Air Force. I do not know why. My dad and his father are as old as the army air corps before it changed in '47. Am I destined to be a Marine?

Any comments are appriciated.

I got a head ache in my freakin eye from reading your sh*t. WTF!?!
    Put down the twinkies and go run the blubber off!!

what......a f***ing........tool.

......you should try the national guard, they'll probably take it easy on you........and i'll bet you dont even have to spell.

you'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by DOC WEB View Post
    what......a f***ing........tool.

......you should try the national guard, they'll probably take it easy on you........and i'll bet you dont even have to spell.

you'll fit right in.
    I know you're not dogging someone on spelling and grammar!

When we PT, all that I can think about is the Air Force.

I gotta be honest....Thats the funniest thing I heard ever.....Thank god your a poolee, and you better dep out just as fast as you dept in!.....b/c if you ever landed in my platoon and I heard that...boy PT would not be the only thing you hated.....I think a smell a chinese feild day coming, more PT, I think our deck needs to be buffed, some police call, maybe a duty or do for a couple weekends straight, 29 palms could always use some more sand bags filled, and a little bit of that "Come here right now, ok, GET THE FREAK AWAY FROM ME RIGHT NOW!" .....aww sweetheart you would love it! lol

So yea im with everyone else on this one....your a tool and prolly should not even think about joining my beloved Corps......and i garuntee you air force does no want you on there stationary bikes complaining either....HA!

Thread Information