Looking for 2nd Assault Ampbious Battalion Marines
Create Post

Looking for 2nd Assault Ampbious Battalion Marines

Looking for Marines that served in 2nd Assault Amphibious Battalion, Courthouse Bay. From any dates, Sound Off!!!

Is there no 2nd Track Marines

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Looking for Marines that served in 2nd Assault Amphibious Battalion, Courthouse Bay. From any dates, Sound Off!!!
    LOL, am i the only 2nd AAV Marine here lol!!

lol

LOL, am i the only 2nd AAV Marine here lol!!
    Apparantly that seems to be the case lol

SERVED WITH B COMPANY 2ND PLATOON 2ND A,TRAC 1963-1967 SGT.MELVIN

I drank the water and live

I served at Courthouse Bay with Delta Company and H&S Company from 79-82. As far as I can see it looks pretty much the same today from Google Earth. I lived in Surf City in one of those beach houses with 4 other A-Trackers and commuted in daily on the motorcycles we kept in our living room. Just in time to make formation for Top Lee.
    Damn fine years.

Was the armorer for Charlie company 1999-2000 and H&S 2000-2001

I served with D co from Jun 82 - Dec 84 & with A co from 88-end of 1990.

I was with "C" Company, Maintenance Plt, '79-82. Courthouse Bay...lots of memories there! Remember the beer garden across from the armory? Anyone remember Top Williams from H&S company? That guy must have been 6'5" tall. I remember one of his guys getting 2 flat tires on his Terex in one week...made the guy carry a track pad everywhere he went for a week! By the end of the week, that thing gleamed like chrome;-)

By late '81 to '82, my platoon commander was CWO Marvin Parker. Anyone know of his whereabouts? He was the best.

Any of you guys who were at Courthouse Bay from '79-82...remember seeing a mustard yellow '73 Mustang with a nasty camshaft around the parking area/barracks? That was me! Always playing cat and mouse with the MP's between speeding, un-corking my headers and a bad habit of parking in the wrong place;-) If I wasn't working on that car, I was somewhere driving around in it. When we got the new condo style barracks a few months before I got out, I used to fire up the Mustang while other platoons were still finishing morning inspections and let the camshaft echo off the trees with the loud pipes;-) One morning, I had a butter-bar come over and tell me "shut it off, or get it the hell out of here"!

Got chewed out one day by a Captain from the Engineer's School for zipping by his HQ building! Not a great experience.

Man, that car was a blast..351 Cleveland, 4 speed, 4.57 gears. Pass anything but a gas station, but I didn't care.

Remember Highway 258 Dragstrip? Now called Coastal Plains Dragway I believe?

Being a gearhead, I once had a 351 Cleveland, 4 bolt main block chained/locked to my rack. My warrant officer cracked up when he saw it during inspection;-)

I can't recall a day when I didn't have some piece of an engine or car in my wall locker!

Remember the old squadbay's? Steam radiator heat and ceiling hung A/C. Field days were a cake walk..move everything to one side...clean...move to the other side...clean...restore and done! I think those are just offices and storage now. I used to find old 40's-50's coins around the barracks after hard rains, not to mention all the WWII ammo (30-06) along the water's edge out back!

I can tell you that under "C" company barracks, there is a complete A/C unit off a '73 Mustang right where I threw it after pulling it off my car. Of course, like all gearheads back then, I thought it would slow it down;-) What the heck was I thinking?!

yatyas tracker! 1st aav's k-bay hi. 84-88

Thread Information