Vfw - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vfw

Quote Originally Posted by ErikHeiker View Post
    As far as service organizations go, the big three are the VFW, American Legion and AmVets. All three have web sites you can check out. But the best thing for you to do is to visit all the local posts of all three in your area. A post is only as good as its membership. We have a good VFW post in my town. In the next town over, the VFW post is dead, but the American Legion is going really strong. 40 miles away, in the big city, all three have strong posts. Check them all out and see which one is best for you. All three were looking out for me when I was serving. Now that I'm retired, I want to look out for the current and future generations of veterans.
    I can't stress it enough that I am only speaking about my experience with that one post.That one post just wasn't for me.I am sure that if I check out another Post I will find it to be run differently.I certainly do not mean to disparage the VFW as an organization.

As an active Member of the VFW, I know that you must have an existing Veteran Member sponsor any civilian. My best friend is not a Veteran, but he respects all Veterans and our Service to the Country. Besides, whats wrong with a couple of beers with a Friend????It does not mean that you have to get drunk to have a good time--------GROW-UP!

when in need and wanting assistance these veterans/civilians help no matter what branch of service, color of skin or religious belief, they come and help and not asking questions.

Thread Information