100% on pft
Create Post

Thread: 100% on pft

100% on pft

i told my recruiter my goal was to get a 100% on my pft and he pretty much laughed. he said that less than 1% of marines could pass with a 100%. is my goal that crazy? i have 3 months before i shipout and im training my ass off ,and im still gonna go for it. i was just curious if its that hard.

Credits
    Savings
    It's hard, but do able with the right training and dedication
    BTW .... Fill out a complete profile!! It's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 090112 View Post
    i told my recruiter my goal was to get a 100% on my pft and he pretty much laughed. he said that less than 1% of marines could pass with a 100%. is my goal that crazy? i have 3 months before i shipout and im training my ass off ,and im still gonna go for it. i was just curious if its that hard.
    No, its not that hard. You just have to train hard to do it.
    Pull ups are what screw Marines, but the run is what Marines take for granted.

Learn proper capitalization.

I will start working on that capitalization. The pull ups are not my problem the running is.

I don't believe that everyone is intended to run a 300 PFT- but every Marine should try.

If you're currently running in the 20:00 to 20:30 range you may be able to make it. If you're slower than that, just keep working at it. Your chances of getting to 18:00 by boot camp are slim, but that doesn't mean you can't make it later in your career.

Quote Originally Posted by 090112 View Post
    I will start working on that capitalization. The pull ups are not my problem the running is.
    The best way to get really good at running three miles is to run nothing but three miles.

If you run 3 miles every other day and do a no **** PFT every Friday from now until you leave then you should be alright.
    Ask your recruiter to administrate the PFT to Marine Corps standards so that you get accurate results.

It is a good goal to have, just make sure that you're not neglecting other areas of physical fitness. Such as swimming and hiking.

I always thought the idea that every Marine can run a 300 was rediculous. Not every person that is in the Marine Corps is going to be able to run under 18:00, it's a fact. No matter how much you run, sometimes it's just not going to do the trick. There is no reason not to max out your crunches and 20 pull-ups is atainable with enough training but some people aren't blessed with the speed of a gazelle. That's why a 285 still gets you a perfect score on the PFT. You might not get the bragging rights that go along with running a 300, but you still get the same score towards promotion (Cpl and below).

I got a 300 a few times but of course back then we could kip our pullups. Not sure how that would have panned out with the dead hang they have nowadays.

check out www. becomeamarine .com there are many articles that will help you answers these questions.

Thread Information