Learning General Orders - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Walking through the chow hall holding a silver tray.... beans private, beer private (just kidding) , taters private, whatever that is private (then the cook comes out and says that is freaking meatloaf recruit)... ok meatloaf private. You then sit down with your heels touching and feet at a 45 degree angle and gobble all that chow down in about 60 seconds. Next is formation outside and guess what? The prac private has you reciting your general orders ad nauseum. You will be saying them so many times they will be tatooed on your brain.

Ahhhhh, the memories!!!!!!!!! Take heed!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronle06 View Post
    Alright, I now have my profile filled out. Now, does anyone know of any mental exercises to assist me on learning my 11 General Orders for a Sentry?
    I can't wait to meet you at the yellow foot prints.

Wow MossMC, that's a good idea. I'm definitely going to start doing that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I thaught the general orders were pretty easy to get down. It took me a week of about 15min a day learning 2-3 at a time. Tip: Leave #11 for learning by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronle06 View Post
    Hello All. I just recently signed up with leatherneck.com and I am a poolee going to MRCDSD 20081117 or as early as 20081013. I have been having trouble learning my General orders. I already know my leadership traits(JJDIDTIEBUCKLE), my complete USMC rank structure, all three verses of the Marine Hymn, and my three core values. Is there anything that fellow recruits, former recruits, or even fleet marines active or inactive that helps you remember them? I don't want to miss out on a squad leader/scribe position when my chance comes up.

Keep it strong, going all nigt long my fellow poolees and Marines.
    Semper Fi.
    Just repetition. Over and over, just like practice helps you learn anything.... if I had any advice for this, type or write them over and over or just say it while doing pt.

But, once you have them, you have them! I can recite them even to this day.

This guy's profile has to be fake. Hometown n/a? Works for Sylvan Learning Center and doesn't know how to learn, favorite color pink, and has the dumbest posts on here probably just to p!ss us all off and go off on him. I hope this is fake. Oh and doesn't know how to contact his recruiter. Bullsh!t

It was one of the best things I did before going to bootcamp. Hey FLR, you have a bug on your thread dude. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev3ngE View Post
    I thaught the general orders were pretty easy to get down. It took me a week of about 15min a day learning 2-3 at a time. Tip: Leave #11 for learning by itself.
    Don't you mean #6? That's the one that always gets me.

I just created a word document, copy and pasted the General Orders off a site, tweaked it to my likeing then printed it off and tacked it to the wall in my room where I will see it everyday. It helps me remember to recite them in my head throughout the day.
    Plus I like to think I am good at memorizing things (I memorized the Marine Corps Hymn in 1 hour), so it wasnt to hard for me.
    Just keep at it.

Number 11 was a pain for me too, but if you just commit to it it's pretty simple. Repitition did me well and I got them all down now, you have to commit.

i thought i was gonna be hard trying to remember all 11 general orders but it really isnt
    im more that half way done

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got thru USMC Electronics School by doing 1 thing. Write it down,,,,,. I wrote big notes thru school, and in the barracks at nite, re wrote them till they were mine. Write your orders,,,and again.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez91 View Post
    i thought i was gonna be hard trying to remember all 11 general orders but it really isnt
    im more that half way done
    Soak it in like a sponge.

Thread Information