Usmc Desert Marpat Combat Shirt
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Usmc Desert Marpat Combat Shirt

Do any of you Marines know if this is an issued item or can it be purchased? One of my Nco's told me he got his out in iraq.

Best way to describe it is:

Material = Spandex (under armour)
    Torso - Coyote
    Sleeves - Desert MARPAT

?

Not that I know of.
    I know Crye makes one in MultiCam, and I have seen HSLD individuals have the made by tailors.

Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like a FROG suit, man. (Flame Resistant (or Retardant, can't remember) Organizational Gear) Usually issued as needed, in country. Don't worry-you don't want one; they're kind of lame... They are designed to keep you comfortable under a flak but still give the appearance of wearing the whole uniform still.

Marine Free Member RememberMorriso's Avatar
    Salt Lake City, Utah Not my falt new unit till deploy
    Credits
    Savings
    I've seen those before at Brigade Quartermasters. If I saw a Marine wearing that **** I would ninja punch them.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMorriso View Post
    If I saw a Marine wearing that **** I would ninja punch them.
    Why?
    They have a piece of equipment that may make them more efficient at their job, happier, more comfortable, etc.

As long as it is only used in the field I have no problem with it.

Credits
    Savings

why

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Why?
    They have a piece of equipment that may make them more efficient at their job, happier, more comfortable, etc.

As long as it is only used in the field I have no problem with it.

Yeah I guess it is a matter of preference. I never liked them. I think the ninja kicks were for the crowd who wears their ESS out in town...?

No theyre for horseshoe haircuts

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    No theyre for horseshoe haircuts
    I thought they were reserved for 7.62 Design T-Shirts and combat boots on libo?

Dont forget the warbag, and web belt.

You guys are a couple of clowns. I thought it was for PT Gear at the beach, or camelbacks at Sea World?

Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer View Post
    I thought it was for PT Gear at the beach, or camelbacks at Sea World?
    What about wearing a CIF Fleece at the Days Inn?

Credits
    Savings
    Talk about a tangent. Did the feller who wanted to know wtf a FROG suit was get his question answered? Or did he get scared off by "BOOT hatin'"?

ps-Sometimes it is as heinous as packing everything you own into a 150lb. ruck and then walking around town looking for a high and tight and a cheap hotel room... LoserCruiser up!

TO answer the question and make a joke... lol

it was juss another underarmor shirt that was sold at the PX on camp fallujah & other bases with PX's in Iraq, to have marines waste more money on the PX. And worn by wanna-be grunts & recon marines aka supply reservists.......

i've never seen them but we're getting them issued for afghanistan. i heard about these when i read this the other day and i saw advon's gear from supply and they had them. they look like a great peice of gear

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by justinrod09 View Post
    TO answer the question and make a joke... lol

it was juss another underarmor shirt that was sold at the PX on camp fallujah & other bases with PX's in Iraq, to have marines waste more money on the PX. And worn by wanna-be grunts & recon marines aka supply reservists.......

I don't know where you were at, but I've never FROG suits for sale in country, only issued. They were is such short supply we were "politely" requested to leave them in country for the next unit. They are over rated and not that cool. However, the trousers are comfortable and the shirt will make you look like a stud if you've been working out...

Thread Information