Dad's Room - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dad's Room

And, Thank You for serving, Marine.

What is the cause?

To provide freedom to those who cannot attain it on their own, and to repel any foe which wishes to prevent freedom from it's people.

Lives have been lost, and blood has been shed for this cause.

If we, the most free people on this planet, cannot assist others in this desire, then what is the purpose of our existance?

There are many, over the years of our Great Nation, who have gone into battle with this high goal in their minds, their hearts, their beliefs.

And it is a high goal. We, the Americans, have shown the world many times over, of our dedication to this belief.

And we continue to do so.

......On a lighter note, heard from my Marine today. He, and his buddies, are good-to-go. I just love this world of modern communication. E-mails rock! Got a couple of 'field' pics, too. Hey, it's kinda dusty out there in the 'stan. Ha-ha.

Credits
    Savings
    Well that is always good news. Especially as rough a trip as they had, your family has been blessed. I suppose it's never over just yet, though. Our regards to you and your Marine.
    s/f
    Chris

Chris ~ 10-4 on "never over just yet." Not till they set boot on ground back home, is it over. We lost another one last week. They remain vigilant, as do we who support them. All prayers accepted, my friend.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Bill please thank all of the Marines you see for us they are all in our prayers daily.
    The Marines are the life blood of this country in my opinion and im DAMNPROUD OF EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM!!!!

Tell those boys to relax and congradulations on a job well done
    keith

Will do, Keith.

We have learned that 2 more have been lost in the struggle.

Not until they are on American soil will it be over for the 2/7.

Then, it begins for the 3/8.

When will they be able to take off the gloves, and do some serious Marine *ss-kicking?

I went out to the patio today, and did a major cleaning. Blake and I like to hang out there. This time, with a few beers, a hot grill, and maybe a few Hooters gals.

(Mrs. Corpspapa, close your eyes.)

Bill, you sound like a good, man, father, American.

Welcome to the family.

Credits
    Savings
    Heard about that. Some Colonel's wife was trying to explain to mine the other day the situation over there. She claimed that we are not actively engaging the enemy at this time, due to the lack of a developed road system. My better half asked about 2/7 and all their combat replacements, and she didn't really have anything to say. Some people ought to just stay quiet...

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    Will do, Keith.

We have learned that 2 more have been lost in the struggle.

Not until they are on American soil will it be over for the 2/7.

Then, it begins for the 3/8.

When will they be able to take off the gloves, and do some serious Marine *ss-kicking?

I went out to the patio today, and did a major cleaning. Blake and I like to hang out there. This time, with a few beers, a hot grill, and maybe a few Hooters gals.

(Mrs. Corpspapa, close your eyes.)
    My son will be part of 3/8. He is scheduled to leave in February. I'm trying not worry yet, but it's hard to not worry for all of them.....

My kids are to young to join the Corps but I must say that it is great that the parents have a place here to talk. Sure, my wife and kids have always been there for me when I returned from deployment, but it has always made me proud to see the parents of my Marines there for them when we get off the buses. I was in the infantry and our young men always put out 100% in the worst of conditions. After every trip to the desert, the crowd of parents always seemed to get larger. My hat goes off to all of you parents for your great support for your young Marine. They definitely deserve your attention when returning from over there. It is like a huge relief for them to see you and spend some time with you. They are always busy at first after getting off the bus (thanks to us Staff NCO's) but we have always tried to limit what we need to them to do. That way they have as much time with you as possible. Again, thanks to all you parents for being there and supporting our young warriors.

rickyracer ~ Thank you.

PaidinBlood ~ I hear you. Far be it for me to be gung-ho with my son's, and your, life. Ever since My Lai and the TV war, carpet bombing just isn't done anymore.

ScottsMom ~ I promise you this, the 3/8 will constantly remain in my prayers.

KawiGunny ~ I really appreciate your post. This will be our first Homecoming. From what I am learning, I just thought Boot Camp Grad was an emotional occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsMom View Post
    My son will be part of 3/8. He is scheduled to leave in February. I'm trying not worry yet, but it's hard to not worry for all of them.....
    Ma'am,

I served with 3/8 in Ramadi in 2006, back when it was the most dangerous city in the world.

They are consummate professionals with multiple combat tours. Your son will be in good hands.

I am so happy the 2/7 is finally coming home, they have all sure put up one heck of a fight. It will be such a happy day for you Bill. I am sure your wife won't mind the Hooter's Girls. :o) I am so excited for my homecomings and they haven't even left yet...one day at a time.

Gina, the 3/8 will be added to my prayers. We will be in the same boat...I found out that both of mine are going within the same month of each other. You have my support anytime.

Whew! Still a little woozey after the one-two punch of the Marine Corps Birthday and Veteran's Day. And I work with a lot of Veteran's, which lead to a lot of celebrating.

Now, back to playing the Homecoming Window Shuffle.

That day, maybe,
    This day, possibly,
    No, no, back to That day,
    No, no, wait and see.

Thread Information