Dad's Room
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dad's Room

Dad's Room

New Dad, Long-time Dad, Uncle, older Brother, or male legal gaurdian of a Marine? Then, this is the place.

From Poolee to Deployment, from BBQ-ing to Sports, this is the place.

I'll get the ball rolling with my introduction. New member, long-time message board user. My son graduated boot a little over a year ago. Currently on his first deployment. And I've been dropping rubber nickles ever since he left.

Glad I found this site. Any topic, any subject, within moderator limits, of course.

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard Bill, always nice to have another Dad around. Please know that there are many prayers going up for the 2/7! Been a rough deployment for the guys for sure but they are kickin A$$ and Takin names!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome aboard Dad! Many of our members are with 2/7 and those that volunteered as combat replacements for 2/7. You are among family here.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    New Dad, Long-time Dad, Uncle, older Brother, or male legal gaurdian of a Marine? Then, this is the place.

From Poolee to Deployment, from BBQ-ing to Sports, this is the place.

I'll get the ball rolling with my introduction. New member, long-time message board user. My son graduated boot a little over a year ago. Currently on his first deployment. And I've been dropping rubber nickles ever since he left.

Glad I found this site. Any topic, any subject, within moderator limits, of course.

Great attitude Corpspapa...we are all praying for a safe return of the 7th

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome(s). Glad to meet you. I've been looking around, and was really glad to see a parent's forum here. To clarify my handle, I'm a papa of a Marine, not the other way around. I see that Jim and Troutzilla are former Marines, and my hat is off to you in salute. I reckon that DevsDad and ScottsMom are in the same boat I'm in. Although, I did do 13 years in the Air Force, but it is a whole completely different story with a Marine son/daughter.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome Aboard! This year we've had many Moms and Dads of Marines step up. Good to see another!

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome! Thanks for your service and support. We have them in our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsDad View Post
    Welcome aboard Bill, always nice to have another Dad around. Please know that there are many prayers going up for the 2/7! Been a rough deployment for the guys for sure but they are kickin A$$ and Takin names!
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Welcome aboard Dad! Many of our members are with 2/7 and those that volunteered as combat replacements for 2/7. You are among family here.Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post
    Great attitude Corpspapa...we are all praying for a safe return of the 7th
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97 View Post
    Welcome! Thanks for your service and support. We have them in our prayers.
    Thank you, all. Yes, the 2/7th have had a very tough road, in very austere conditions. They, and the 24th MEU & 1/6th, have performed their mission with the upmost professionalism and dedication. This is my son's first trip to 'the party,' but from what I gather, it has been the toughest for the 2/7th in a very long time.

I appreciate your prayers, and will repay in kind.

God Bless The Corps!

God Bless and welcome. Dave

Welcome!

You have my prayers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    God Bless and welcome. Dave
    Thank you, fellow, Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    Welcome!

You have my prayers too.
    And thank you, MoM of 2 marines.

I got an e-mail the other day. Son says he wants us to bring him some 'civies.' Says his stuff will be locked up when he gets back. I understand the reason for this, but will he be allowed to go to his barracks room after homecoming? (1st time deployed Dad)

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpspapa View Post
    I got an e-mail the other day. Son says he wants us to bring him some 'civies.' Says his stuff will be locked up when he gets back. I understand the reason for this, but will he be allowed to go to his barracks room after homecoming? (1st time deployed Dad)

Can't tell you for sure, but our Marines always came back to open rooms. We worked out different systems but the final result was when your Marine is released to you on that blessed day, he will be yours. They should account for the gear, exchange numbers and addresses and assign rooms while en route (trust me-plenty of down time in transit...) Not really sure if that answered your question, sir..

10-4 on Logistics will in Transit. Glad the hear the Corps has a plan, as always. Thank you. We have a Sleepy Tort res for all of us, but was wondering if he might want to 'endulge' with his buddies when he gets back.

Thread Information