army strong...............lol - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Army of ONE (Officers/Non Commissioned Officers/Enlisted) I liked be all you can be much better.

Army is going down the drains, my new privates coming in these days did not pass Basic Training they were pushed through. PT/Weight/Tape is being overlooked. They figure (Let their Company square them away.) Nothing really compares to the Marine Corps in less it is a Prestigious Army Base. 101st/82nd and so forth.

I am a Army Reservist.

That picture disgusts me. What even disgusts me more, is the Army will wait til his contract to be up, then they will punish him by not letting him reenlist. I would like to think that Marines would never let a fat body like that in their Corps. Army gets a final deployment out of me, then my contract is done.

Looking forward to see what the Marine Corps has to offer August 2010. My mind set now is being a Marine > Rank, Money, and Benefits. If a steady job doesn't come up I was thinking of going Active Duty, and try to get a Security Forces slot. Any info would be awesome just message me.

Until then Tikrit Iraq here I come.

Just a FYI. I am not trying to offend nor start anything with anybody. I swear every time I say I am in the Army I get flamed. I know I am not a Marine. I have many Marine friends, and I respect the hell out of you guys. I would like to one day even try to even join you and your beloved Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Archer View Post
    Army of ONE (Officers/Non Commissioned Officers/Enlisted) I liked be all you can be much better.

Army is going down the drains, my new privates coming in these days did not pass Basic Training they were pushed through. PT/Weight/Tape is being overlooked. They figure (Let their Company square them away.) Nothing really compares to the Marine Corps in less it is a Prestigious Army Base. 101st/82nd and so forth.

I am a Army Reservist.

That picture disgusts me. What even disgusts me more, is the Army will wait til his contract to be up, then they will punish him by not letting him reenlist. I would like to think that Marines would never let a fat body like that in their Corps. Army gets a final deployment out of me, then my contract is done.

Looking forward to see what the Marine Corps has to offer August 2010. My mind set now is being a Marine > Rank, Money, and Benefits. If a steady job doesn't come up I was thinking of going Active Duty, and try to get a Security Forces slot. Any info would be awesome just message me.

Until then Tikrit Iraq here I come.

Just a FYI. I am not trying to offend nor start anything with anybody. I swear every time I say I am in the Army I get flamed. I know I am not a Marine. I have many Marine friends, and I respect the hell out of you guys. I would like to one day even try to even join you and your beloved Marine Corps.
    One thing you have to remember you pizz one Marine off you will have to deal with all of us.

Okay is anyone else besides myself offended that USMC Archer isnt a Marine...yet he has USMC in the front of his name?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mpellie View Post
    Okay is anyone else besides myself offended that USMC Archer isnt a Marine...yet he has USMC in the front of his name?!?!?!
    Doesn't **** me off, if he wants to be one of us. Let em' as long as he is not a ****bag than it's good to go. There may be a reason behind his name. Now as for you, I'm way nicer than most guys. Take yourself quietly to the poolee forum. He ain't a Marine but at least he is serving.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm currently on a base in Iraq and one night we were going through a building being used by an Army unit. This exact picture was on one of the doors going into the office. I pointed it out to several people and never thought i would see it again. This is the BEST picture ever... SEMPER FI!!!!!!

LOL I found this when I was surfing the web one day. so true.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Archer View Post
    Looking forward to see what the Marine Corps has to offer August 2010. My mind set now is being a Marine > Rank, Money, and Benefits.
    If that's what you're after, I suggest that you stay in the Army or go over to the Air Force. People joining the Marines for the easy life or benefits are joining for all the wrong reasons. Don't expect the Corps to be the 'good life', because it is the exact opposite. With our high standards and limited funding, the Corps is quite a challenge- but with challenge comes pride. I you are not joining for the challenge, save yourself the trouble by staying out of the Corps.

LOL founed another.

And when you got to Afghanistan, and you fly into Khandhar Air Base, this is what you see all over the chow halls on that base... Give him one...

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    If that's what you're after, I suggest that you stay in the Army or go over to the Air Force. People joining the Marines for the easy life or benefits are joining for all the wrong reasons. Don't expect the Corps to be the 'good life', because it is the exact opposite. With our high standards and limited funding, the Corps is quite a challenge- but with challenge comes pride. I you are not joining for the challenge, save yourself the trouble by staying out of the Corps.
    I believe you misunderstood him, Commdog, he is saying that he would prefer the Marine Corps over money, benefits, etc... that the Army would give him for staying on. I dont blame him

LOL I have way to much free time

I don't care what branch of the service one is in. He or she is serving our great country. Ask the Marines, Sailors, the Army the Air Force and one Coast Guard man at KahSahn how much they loved the Air Force and there B-52's. Ask me and the 2ed. plt, Whiskey 3/12 how much we loved the Army at the end of Operation Starlight when the Army chopper pilots came in and landed and gave us some new jungle utility's and cartons of Marlboro's. Dame we were hurting. The Navy opened up there chow hall at 0100 after we came aboard after Starlight. How the Navy offered to come ashore and fight as Marines during Dio-Dow in Vietnam. I can go on for ever about our sister branches have helped on another. BTW I have a son in the Navy and a son in the Marines. I have a grandson who in one year will go in the Army. Oh one other thing Army officers were damn good to get Marines E-5 and below whiskey out of Freedom Hill PX in DaNang.

this picture is my backround,without the black border and saying.it just says on the picture"theres strong......and then there's Army strong"

how do they let guys like this into a combat zone?! I just don't understand,i've never seen a Marine even close too as big as that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mpellie View Post
    ...and BOTH of you are posting in "Marine Only" areas of the forum. Go figure.

Thread Information