Marine Corps League/Toys 4 Tots *problem* - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our MCL detachment has a new problem this year,The Marine reserve unit MAG 49 & all of its support has left Willow Grove JRB,in Pa.because of BRACC to McQuire AFB, NJ.The 14th Marines in Philly was sent all of the Logistical records for Toys for Tots.The 14th is being very tight lipped about this and they are moving too.I guess Toys for Tots & the Kids gets short changed this year,in the Montgomery-Bucks county area's of Pa.

This is just one more example of good intentions Going South. It would appear that T4T has joined an ever growing list of "Charity's" that are looking out for the self serving interests of some of the members (and their crony's) instead of the folks they are supposed to assist.

A Pox upon your house.

I've only been in MCL a few years, I see a lot of the "old timers" with this problem, even the MCL brass (No names mentioned), don't want to follow USMC SOP or even MCO's. It seems to be all about them.

tft

HI
    I run a program called young marines, my young marines
    Stand at a mall and collect toys and money for toys for tots
    The young marines get community service hours for their effort,
    And the toys go to the 4th combat engineers.
    any money collected I give to the young marines and they
    buy toys and the receipt goes into the money jar for accountability.
    Well to make a long story short a person from the marine corporation
    league came to the mall and tried to take our jar, I asked her what
    she was doing she stated that the MCL had the area locked down
    And all proceeds collected went to them, I said funny I don't see
    Any MCL people working here just my kids so I sent her
    off on her way. But what nerve those Marine league folks
    have. That why I get rid of the cash, can't spend a toy.
    Semper Fi

Smile

LOL
    I ment Marine corp league. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DRESSBLUE View Post
    LOL
    I ment Marine corp league. Sorry
    You're a Marine and don't know how to spell Marine Corps?

And these Marine Corps League members you speak of are were also Marines and FMF Corpsman.
    I'm a MCL member.

Don't get me wrong, I think the MCL is a GREAT orginazation. It's just some of the people who are running it. My wife says I should quit the League, But, I can't change it back to the right direction from the outside. I Joined, My son (A Marine) joined, and I am a Detachment Officer, In a few years, I plan on moving up to State level. Until them, I am a voice in the crowd, But the crowd seems to be growing....

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think the MCL is a GREAT orginazation. It's just some of the people who are running it. My wife says I should quit the League, But, I can't change it back to the right direction from the outside. I Joined, My son (A Marine) joined, and I am a Detachment Officer, In a few years, I plan on moving up to State level. Until them, I am a voice in the crowd, But the crowd seems to be growing....
    I'm an Officer on all 3 levels.....Detachment, Department, and National.

Remember.....it's the voice in the crowd that's important!
    Some members think that at National Conventions, that it's the National Officers who vote on the by-law changes and uniform changes.....it's who goes as your voting delegate member(s) from your Detachment that go to these Conventions that vote on this.

I suppose if your a MCL member you understand that ALL MONIES AND TOYS are accountable to the Toys 4TOTS foundation.A report of all toys &money are to be sent to the foundation.It's a federal offence to misuse T4T LOGO otherwise.Semper Fi Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by 3531marine View Post
    I suppose if your a MCL member you understand that ALL MONIES AND TOYS are accountable to the Toys 4TOTS foundation.A report of all toys &money are to be sent to the foundation.It's a federal offence to misuse T4T LOGO otherwise.Semper Fi Marines.

Exactly!

Thread Information