please tell me this IS NOT true
Create Post

please tell me this IS NOT true

Sent by Retired Vice Admiral Bob Scarborough, of Arlington , Va.

"I wanted to give you all some disturbing information on our wonderful president. I work with the Catch-A-Dream Foundation which provides hunting and fishing trips to children with life-threatening illnesses. This past weekend we had our annual banquet/fundraiser event in Starkville . "As a part of our program, we had scheduled Sgt. 1st Class Greg Stube, a highly decorated U.S. Army Green Beret and inspirational speaker who was severely injured while deployed overseas and didn't have much of a chance for survival to come. Greg is stationed at Ft. Bragg , NC and received permission from his commanding officer to come speak at our function. Everything was on go until Obama made a policy that NO U.S. SERVICEMAN CAN SPEAK AT ANY FAITH-BASED PUBLIC EVENTS ANYMORE. Needless to say, Greg had to cancel his speaking event with us. Didn't know if anyone else was aware of this new policy. Wonder what kind of news we all will receive next.

You're just starting to see the Obamanation. Your religion is on the list next??? I don't know about you, but this makes me furious.

This is just how the Nazis did it in the 30's, slowly, one step at a time. If you don't see the similarities, you are truly blind.

Forwarded email claims President Obama has initiated a policy stating that no U.S. serviceman can speak at any faith-based public events.

Description: Email rumor
    Circulating since: May 2009

Analysis: Though the above message pertains to an actual event, namely the cancellation of Army Sgt. First Class Gregory Stube's speaking engagement at a May 2009 fundraising event for the Catch-A-Dream Foundation, the explanation given for that cancellation is false.

No policy changes regarding the participation of military personnel in "faith-based public events" have been initiated by President Obama or his administration.

According to the Starkville Daily News, Catch-A-Dream executive director Marty Brunson laid the cancelation to a Dept. of Defense policy preventing military personnel from speaking at any charitable fundraising events, faith-based or otherwise. Brunson said the decision was passed down to him by Carol Darby, spokesperson for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg.

Though the Catch-A-Dream Foundation's website does contain Biblical references and speaks of exposing sick children to the "wonders of God" through outdoor activities, it isn't officially a faith-based organization.

I was going to say, that's most likely false. There's no way anyone would let that happen, and it's probably out there just to stir things up and cause trouble.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

When will you people get it...This Obama hates America and is trying to bring it to its knees. He is getting ready to take away our disability money mark my words he's a dictator in the making and Americans made him. YES I am ANTI OBAMA !!

----Gee,is this covered under Sharia law--Since barry said America is a muslim country ,I guess it would be.

Wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer View Post
    Forwarded email claims President Obama has initiated a policy stating that no U.S. serviceman can speak at any faith-based public events.

Description: Email rumor
    Circulating since: May 2009

Analysis: Though the above message pertains to an actual event, namely the cancellation of Army Sgt. First Class Gregory Stube's speaking engagement at a May 2009 fundraising event for the Catch-A-Dream Foundation, the explanation given for that cancellation is false.

No policy changes regarding the participation of military personnel in "faith-based public events" have been initiated by President Obama or his administration.

According to the Starkville Daily News, Catch-A-Dream executive director Marty Brunson laid the cancelation to a Dept. of Defense policy preventing military personnel from speaking at any charitable fundraising events, faith-based or otherwise. Brunson said the decision was passed down to him by Carol Darby, spokesperson for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg.

Though the Catch-A-Dream Foundation's website does contain Biblical references and speaks of exposing sick children to the "wonders of God" through outdoor activities, it isn't officially a faith-based organization.
    Your correction of this rumor, although well balanced, is wasted effort ED. The knee-jerk Obama haters, and their fellow bigots, will believe any lie they read, or hear, as long as the lie falls in line with their closed minded Beliefs. I'm not a fan of Obamas either, but Stupid prejudice, turns my stomach. What have we got, in this catch-a-dream thing, another Wannabe Jim Jones ?? S/F, to you, not to them. Ken

I really hope it is false, but I got it in an email from a family member who is a pastor, so I thought there might be some validity to it, but I thought if I could get to the truth, it would be here,Im not a hater, not a supporter, I would be very upset no matter what party is in office.

thanks guys

If it were true then how would that impact the Chaplains from the branches that have them? Wouldn't they be seperated immediately? Because I'm pretty sure Chaplains are the ones preaching at sunday morning services as well as the other services held through out the week, all of which I'm sure would qualify as "Faith-based public events." Like Cpl Ken said someone's just trying to stir the **** pot.

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    If it were true then how would that impact the Chaplains from the branches that have them? Wouldn't they be seperated immediately? Because I'm pretty sure Chaplains are the ones preaching at sunday morning services as well as the other services held through out the week, all of which I'm sure would qualify as "Faith-based public events." Like Cpl Ken said someone's just trying to stir the **** pot.
    Son, for once I have seen a valid rebuttal.

Good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by CarryingMarine View Post
    I really hope it is false, but I got it in an email from a family member who is a pastor, so I thought there might be some validity to it, but I thought if I could get to the truth, it would be here,Im not a hater, not a supporter, I would be very upset no matter what party is in office.

thanks guys
    Anyway, i'm hands on familiar with the time and dedication donated by members of different factions similar to your outfit. Many work hard as i do and don't collect a monetary paycheck. Keep up the good work

--->Dave

Thread Information