Going F.A.S.T
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Going F.A.S.T

  1. #1

    Going F.A.S.T

    Hello I was wondering if anyone here could shed any light on F.A.S.T Co. I am finishing up my MCSF Package and I want to know if you can go to F.A.S.T Co. even if your not an 03? ANd any other Info you could share as far as School and whatnot.

    Thank You



  2. #2
    Are you not an 03?

    The school isn't that hard. There are two aspects to fast, the badass guys...and the firewatch nuke-watchers. My buddy got stuck as firewatch in Kings Bay. He likes it,
    but while he guards nukes all day, his twin brother, myself, and our other friend do Iraq tours, and see the world on a silent drill tour.

    Not only that but he add to add a year to his contract lol!


  3. #3
    I'm a Motor T Op, me and a buddy of mine are tryin to get in F.A.S.T Co but the more searching I do makes it seem more and more difficult to get on it and i just want to know if you HAVE to be and 03 to get with F.A.S.T I dont think you do but I would like to hear what Marines have to say on here.


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3536 View Post
    I'm a Motor T Op, me and a buddy of mine are tryin to get in F.A.S.T Co but the more searching I do makes it seem more and more difficult to get on it and i just want to know if you HAVE to be and 03 to get with F.A.S.T I dont think you do but I would like to hear what Marines have to say on here.
    They might let an occasional non-03 get into FAST, but for the most part, you need to be an 03 or willing to Lat move into the 03 field to go to FAST. You can go to regular Security Forces as a non-03, but not FAST Co..


  5. #5
    They've really loosened up on whether you have to be an 03 or not to get into a FAST Company. When I was with 3rd FAST, there were quite a few NCOs that were either 08's or even 06's, we even had a squad leader who was a 5811 (MP). Out of six Platoon Sergeants, only one was an 0369. Ultimately, it's an 8152 billet, not an 03xx billet, so you should be fine. However, if I remember correctly, when you graduate from Training Company's BSG School you won't always get the duty station you want. So while you may be trying to get into a FAST Company, they might send you to MCSFCO Kings Bay or Bangor, and they're not the same as FAST.

    I couldn't really shed any light on what BSG is like though, or the exact qualifications you need, because even though I was with FAST, I was just the Company Clerk.


  6. #6
    Marine Free Member FistFu68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tombstone,Az
    Posts
    7,645
    Credits
    45,432
    Savings
    0
    Images
    148
    BESIDES BEING "FAST"WHAT IS A (USMC)GRUNT ANYWAY?A SLOW DEAD 1? SHOOT @ MOVE MARINE FAST!!!


  7. #7
    Thanks, I actualy just spoke with a Marine while I was at the rifle range and he explained a little more. He just got back from being with fast Plt. He says training nothing really just continuim of force and deadly force classes and ranges. He also said I shouldn't have a problem getting into fast at all. Thanks for all the input though.


  8. #8
    So Cpl. you want to be a part of the Fake Ass Seal Team??

    Most of the Salty Sgt's in my Co. are former FAST and MCSF (Those that protected the President). They are the most locked on guys I've seen.


  9. #9
    I bet thats some tough screening they go through but yeah I wanna go with F.A.S.T I really just wanna get back to the fleet and I sick of amtrackers lol. That and I am tired of do dumb convoy's for no reason the best deployment i ever had was when i was with 1/1.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3536 View Post
    Thanks, I actualy just spoke with a Marine while I was at the rifle range and he explained a little more. He just got back from being with fast Plt. He says training nothing really just continuim of force and deadly force classes and ranges. He also said I shouldn't have a problem getting into fast at all. Thanks for all the input though.

    I hope HE is right; you might find out otherwise when YOU actually do it. Good luck, my experience with FAST tells me you better be locked on as a non-03 or they will eat you up. And things must be drastically different if people are telling you it should be no problem at all. Good luck, have fun.


  11. #11
    I am sure its no walk in the park or anything by anymeans, and when dont non-03's get s__t for not being 03 lol. Its all good like I said I was with 1/1 and I loved it. When I first joined I thought all there was, was Infantry. But my recruiter said that they wouldn't let me because my ASVAB score was good, which as I later found out was a bunch of crock but I guess thats what you get when you come straight outta high school and you dont do your research. Maybe it'll respark some motivation in me I lost when I left the fleet for this career ending unit i'm at now.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3536 View Post
    I am sure its no walk in the park or anything by anymeans, and when dont non-03's get s__t for not being 03 lol. Its all good like I said I was with 1/1 and I loved it. When I first joined I thought all there was, was Infantry. But my recruiter said that they wouldn't let me because my ASVAB score was good, which as I later found out was a bunch of crock but I guess thats what you get when you come straight outta high school and you dont do your research. Maybe it'll respark some motivation in me I lost when I left the fleet for this career ending unit i'm at now.

    SF Marine, good luck. You are right; it's all mental -- most of it


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3536 View Post
    I bet thats some tough screening they go through but yeah I wanna go with F.A.S.T I really just wanna get back to the fleet
    You realize FAST isn't part of the fleet right? Anyways, if you do make it, make sure you take advantage of all the awesome training that's available to you. As Sgt Vernazzaro can tell you, there are some really great courses in the area and FAST Marines are almost always guaranteed some quotas. DM Course, CQB Course, HRP Course, HRST Course, so on and so on. Whenever you're not on deployment or at an RF/DF site you should be asking your Platoon Sergeant or bugging your Training NCO about how many quotas they got for one of these upcoming courses. And if you end up in 3rd FAST, try to hold your bearing when you walk by the command staff photos. It's an old 3rd FAST thing. Good luck and Semper Fi.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17 View Post
    You realize FAST isn't part of the fleet right?
    Yeah that statement was not intentionaly ment that way I just dont like this school house and I wanted to get outta there. Atleast hopefully I'll be deploying again, maybe see some new stuff then when I am done with SF I will prolly try to goto 1st ANGLICO or 1st Recon Bn. The fastest way out is to put in this package I am tired of waiting for orders from our monitor.


  15. #15
    I hear you. We had a Sergeant in 1st Platoon who's now with 1st ANGLICO. He's loving it. Had another Sergeant who's now with one of the MSOBs in MARSOC. From what I saw, being in FAST opens up a lot of doors for Marines. Especially if you're locked on and the CO, XO and 1stSgt like you. They'll pull strings for you when your time is up with them.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts