Wounded Warrior Unit needs your help....
Create Post

Wounded Warrior Unit needs your help....

I sent this email out to my contact list today, then I got to thinking,,, I might be able to get some help here also....

Last week, I had a chance encounter with a Company Commander involved with the Marine Wounded Warrior Unit. This local Marine Captain from Pembroke was in our area for some personal time; and I was fortunate to speak to him. His name is Captain Sean Lynch, and he is involved in helping out fellow Marines at the National Naval Medical Center located in Bethesda, MD. These Marines are retuning home injured, as a result of combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. In our conversation, I mentioned to him that we recently started a Marine Corps League in Plymouth, and I asked him if there is anything that we can do to help these wounded Marines. He mentioned to me that when the Marines first come back from combat that they are lacking basic Marine gear, i.e. green T-shirts, PT gear, boots, covers and rank insignia...the attached email contains a detailed list of items that they are currently lacking.

Unfortunately, some of the most basic things are not easy for these wounded Marines in Bethesda to acquire. However, all of the items that he listed are items that I can purchase through Sgt. Grits website, and I'm willing to purchase and package the gear; I'm only asking for monetary support to help make it happen.

I am wondering if as a group, if we can put together a care package with basic items to support our fellow Marines.

What I am requesting from each of you -- is a donation of five to ten dollars, so we can help make a difference to the Marines that have been injured fighting for our freedom.

In tough economic times, every dollar that we have is important; however, the freedom that these men and women are fighting for is priceless.

Please contact me via email, or my cellular 774 454 2709 -- to make a donation.

***If you are willing to donate, please make your check payable to the Marine Corps League of Plymouth. I will gladly come pick-up the check, deposit the money into the MCL's non-profit account, and then write a check to pay for the gear out of that account.

Please forward this to someone you know that may also be willing to help our Marines.

Semper Fidelis and Thank You - Mike Vernazzaro

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 12:14 PM
    To: mike.vernazzaro@scituatefederal.com
    Subject: USMC wounded warrior gear (-0.05/4.00)

Mr. Vernazzaro,

It was good meeting you the other day and good to know there is a Marine group in the area. Every time I comeI always asked around, but there seemed to be a great deal of interest, but nothing formalized. If you need any help with it let me know, my family is pretty well know in and around Pembroke and know a long list of retired Marines.

I just spoke with the MSgt over at NNMC Bethesda concerning the actuall list and quantities of items. The quantities listed are just recommended approximations.

Uniform Items:
    5 sets PFC rank insignia
    5 sets LCPL rank insignia
    15 sets CPL rank insignia
    15 sets SGT rank insignia

20 Small green T-shirts
    40 Med green T-shirts
    40 Large green T-shirts
    20 X-Large green T-shirts

10 Small green PT sweats
    15 Med green PT sweats
    15 Large green PT sweats
    10 X-Large green PT sweats

Covers and Boots are also items that they were looking for, but that is
    more size specific, so we will find another way to get some more of
    those.

Thank you very much for the help on this. As I mentioned to you the other night, if you are ever interested in a tour of the wounded warrior unit here just let me know and I can coordinate something for your group.

Very Respectfully,
    Capt. Sean P. Lynch, USMC
    Headquarters Company Commander
    USUHS
    301-295-3652
    sean.lynch@usuhs.mil

A little bump here

Ellie

Thread Information