Requirement Questions and Help.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Requirement Questions and Help.

Hello all. I'm New on here so ill introduce myself first. My names Jon and im 19 years old from Michigan. And i want to be a Marine, but just have a few questions i hope can be answered here.

I would love to enlist in the Marines sometime soon, but i just want to make sure before i enlist that im not completly out of shape and show up as the weak guy in the group.

First off, Just to clear up the Physical Requirements like when you can recieve a score of 300 max, is that before Boot camp? and what does your score mean to your future?
    As for the individual exercises. i dont have a problem training to get my time better for running. but is it a 1.5 mile run or a 3 mile run? i've read both so i just wanted to ask. also, the crunches are more than a crunch but less than a sit up right? can i just do ab workouts to improve my score. for the pull ups ive read to do the armstrong pull up routine to get better at those cause im terrible at them. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ADVICE OR HELP FOR GETTING READY FOR THIS PLEASE PLEASEE LET ME KNOW.

Secondly, once your enlisted how long do you have til you go to boot camp, or does it alway differ?

and Last, i've gained a couple pounds since highschool after i stopped playing sports and im about 6'1. and just a little over the weight limit. i think training my running times and stuff should drop it quite a bit but does anyone have any advice or ways that they've loss weight.

I'm for sure enlisting because i think the Marines are my calling, i just want to make sure i get into better shape before i sign up and leave for boot. i dont want to cause unwanted attention from the DI cause i'm out of shape so please any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Okay so you're fat, you can't even enlist right now because you're over the limit, you suck at pullups, and you dont even know what a crunch is.

And you're asking us...given the above if you'd get picked on at boot camp?

Hell yes!

Try losing the weight, doing pullups, crunches, and running 3 miles. You need to do 1.5 in 13:30 to ship to boot, you need to do 3 miles in 28 minutes to be a Marine.

I dont really get what you're asking us???

OK, First: the requirements to go to Boot camp are 3 pullups, 44 crunches, 1 1/2 miles in 13:30. You will do more at Boot camp. Second:Your Boot camp date will hinge on where you are at physically and available ship dates. You can stay in the DEP for 365 days. Last: Just get to DEP weight, and lose the rest while in the DEP

Follow the Gunny's advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Okay so you're fat, you can't even enlist right now because you're over the limit, you suck at pullups, and you dont even know what a crunch is.

And you're asking us...given the above if you'd get picked on at boot camp?

Hell yes!

Try losing the weight, doing pullups, crunches, and running 3 miles. You need to do 1.5 in 13:30 to ship to boot, you need to do 3 miles in 28 minutes to be a Marine.

I dont really get what you're asking us???
    lol..no sh*t .. Follow Achpeds advice , just run, quit wasting your time on some message board and go start getting in shape. Youll be ok.

Credits
    Savings
    Well thank you MARINECID for taking the time to help me with my question, thats basically what i was looking for.

As for Achped... if u dont understand my question dont respond. i can do pull ups but im not at 20 which i would like to attempt to get close to. and if you knew how to read... i know what a crunch is... im sayin the marine crunch is going up more than a normal crunch but not going up as far as a sit-up. and lastly, as for the fat comment. sorry im not some 130lb skin and bone kid going to boot camp but im far from fat.

One last question. the score you recieve for doing pull up and crunches and running to equal 300.. does that mean anything to your future in the marines?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do you want to know the score you just received? Loose the attitude, Learn to type, Or just go away. This is a Marine site, and you figure you can get away with disrespecting a Marine. You may find we are a little tight knit, and what you just did don't fkn cut it. Got an apology?

Credits
    Savings
    Disrespect a Brother, disrespect a Brotherhood.

Nothing says I have to agree with, like, or whatever, ALL Marines, but by Dammed I respect them, as they are Marines.

You are nothing but a teat sucking mommy's boy, ASKING Marines questions. You did not like the answers, which by the way are all over this site, so you got your knickers in a wad, copped an attitude, and disrespected a Marine.

Click Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Disrespect a Brother, disrespect a Brotherhood.

Nothing says I have to agree with, like, or whatever, ALL Marines, but by Dammed I respect them, as they are Marines.

You are nothing but a teat sucking mommy's boy, ASKING Marines questions. You did not like the answers, which by the way are all over this site, so you got your knickers in a wad, copped an attitude, and disrespected a Marine.

Click Here!!
    Good one brother,lmfao.

Credits
    Savings
    i didnt mean to disrespect anyone. I'm truly sorry for the attitude i just didnt feel that the way he said his comment was needed. I apologize.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All you needed to do was a little bit of research. It's what you get for not reading the forum rule before posting.

The one you have to pass before Recruit Training is called IST. The one you do during Recruit Training is PFT.

Credits
    Savings
    thanks jungholee. ill research both of those more. i appreciate your help

Thread Information