My introduction
Create Post

Thread: My introduction

My introduction

Hello everyone! As it seems, I am not the only one who "lurks" on this forum before signing up. Even though I am a poolee, I couldn't stay away 'til I got my "official" ship date, and I had to join now. Hence the "friend" status. I know patience is essential, but there is so much I have to do before I go. (Yes, I'm sickeningly motivated. Shouldn't you be glad?)

I would like this to be my introduction. My name is Kara Olivieri, I'm 19 years old. Currently, I am in college for nothing in particular, and being useless and nasty is what ultimately made me look to the Marine Corps so that I could serve and support my country in and after Her time of need. Despite a long struggle with my mother, including being threatened and kicked out of my house over this past summer, I will be going to Boot Camp at Parris Island at an undetermined date in March 2009, and I intend to be a 44...well, something.(I must confess I'm not squared away with every piece of terminology, but I try.) I will stop at no end to finish college, and hopefully progress to law school, eventually.

Let's see...I believe I filled in my profile, but I don't have a picture because I'm embarassed that I don't have a suitable one. I'll get right on that. Along those lines, I'm a perfectionist, and I push myself to excell. That is enough about myself, I feel. It's me who should be asking the questions!

And now for the always expected poolee idiocy... Once I have my a$$ beaten to a pulp and sculpted into a Marine, I think I might be pretty awesome.

Welcome to the forum!

Since you said that you want to finish college, have you thought at all about trying to get into an officer program like NROTC or PLC? If you're interested in law, you could try to become a Marine Judge advocate.

It's worth a look. You can get more information here: http://officer.marines.com/

Just a thought! I hope you get the job that you want in the Corps!

-Aitrus

Oh, well, I must say I have, but after coming out of a relationship with an Army ROTC kid, I realized that I want to be enlisted until I have experience. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It would be, IMHO, the blind leading the seeing.

However, Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited by Olivieri; 09-18-08 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Good luck Olivieri, I live over in State College. Did you go to Meps in Harrisburg yet?

Psurichie, been there, done that.....didn't get my dang teeshirt. Yet. lol May I ask who your recruiter is?

Geez, I'm having trouble with this forum. I see you have the ever-amazing SSGT. Gilles. I have SGT. Eichler. Which reminds me, I have to bug him about going BACK to MEPS for a D-LAB.

And also, do you actually attend the poolee functions?

Muchas Gracias, amigo.

I went to Harrisburg last week. Did my ASVAB and Phys, passed all, just waiting on BUMED for their approval on my waivers. However, I'm an hour and a half away from Harrisburg living in the Lehigh Valley.

Currently working on improving my pullups because I'm a piece of $hit with them. :P

Welcome aboard !

Sounds like you will become a fine Marine. Sorry to hear about all the trouble it has caused you, I'm sure your mom is just worried. My mother was terribly worried too but she didn't give me any grief over it as I was rebellious and independent, she knew she couldn't change my mind... besides, I'd already signed the papers.

Good Luck Olivieri!

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post

Currently working on improving my pullups because I'm a piece of $hit with them. :P

Haha, I feel your pain, brother. My mother called me with glee today telling me she bought me a bar for the door to my room so I could "practice making muscles"

Thanks Mom, thanks. lol!

And also deep thanks to MotherGoose. You might be glad to know Mom got over her reservations and is now 100% supporting my decision. I know it is ultimately my decision, but it feels good to have the boss agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivieri View Post
    Hello everyone! As it seems, I am not the only one who "lurks" on this forum before signing up. Even though I am a poolee, I couldn't stay away 'til I got my "official" ship date, and I had to join now. Hence the "friend" status. I know patience is essential, but there is so much I have to do before I go. (Yes, I'm sickeningly motivated. Shouldn't you be glad?)

I would like this to be my introduction. My name is Kara Olivieri, I'm 19 years old. Currently, I am in college for nothing in particular, and being useless and nasty is what ultimately made me look to the Marine Corps so that I could serve and support my country in and after Her time of need. Despite a long struggle with my mother, including being threatened and kicked out of my house over this past summer, I will be going to Boot Camp at Parris Island at an undetermined date in March 2009, and I intend to be a 44...well, something.(I must confess I'm not squared away with every piece of terminology, but I try.) I will stop at no end to finish college, and hopefully progress to law school, eventually.

Let's see...I believe I filled in my profile, but I don't have a picture because I'm embarassed that I don't have a suitable one. I'll get right on that. Along those lines, I'm a perfectionist, and I push myself to excell. That is enough about myself, I feel. It's me who should be asking the questions!

And now for the always expected poolee idiocy... Once I have my a$$ beaten to a pulp and sculpted into a Marine, I think I might be pretty awesome.
    welcome to the forum. Stay sharp and keep your wits about you.

Thread Information