How much do you receive after Boot?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How much do you receive after Boot?

Hello Marines.

I just want to introduce myself here, as I've surfed around here and read a bunch of threads and what not but haven't really posted anything. My name is Raul and I just have a question that my searching hasn't answered yet.

Upon hopeful completion of BootCamp, how much pay would I be leaving for home with for the 10 days of leave? The only reason I ask is because of things that I would need to take care of while back home. I'm needing to know about how much I would have to work with. Also to set things straight now, I'm not joining the Corps for the money or anything like that, this is just a small detail I need to know and who better to ask. I would ask my recruiter but I'd rather have multiple angles to average with. Also I'm guessing I would be responsible for paying for my flight home? So I would have to subtract that too. I'm just having a hard time getting a decent answer from all the searching I've done. Thanks to all who can help me out here, and hopefully I can soon be part of this great brotherhood.

E-1 With less than 4 months is $1245.90, After first 4 Months it is $1347.00 for E-1

E-2 1509.90
    E-3 1587.90

Credits
    Savings
    Along with your flight home subtract for your travel to MCT/SOI, your uniforms, hygiene items, letter writing gear and stamps, your haircuts and any other expenses you may incur while at boot camp. Basically if you are relying on your pay from boot camp to take care of outstanding bills you may be SOL.

Poolee

As a contract PFC, I left boot with about 1500$.

I know how much we are to make L.Corp. Messenger. I was just wanting to know more of what Corporal Rahilly was saying. What the total would be after all that stuff was subtracted. Also I don't know how much all that stuff is gonna cost at this point so some personal examples would help me. Thanks L.Corp. Matt for your response. And no Corporal Rahilly, I'm not trying to pay off any outstanding bills. Just some other stuff, like for example I might have to end up staying in a hostel and renting a vehicle or stuff like that for the leave. I just need to know how much I'd have and be prepared beforehand.

Oh and L.Corp. Matt, is that $1500 before or after you had to pay for your leave travel flights?

The correct abbreviation of Lance Corporal is LCpl, for future reference.

I LEFT boot camp with about 1500$. My parents were at graduation, and we drove home. The flight to MCT was already purchased at boot camp. That 1500$ was completely free of any obligation.

I left with 925.00 in 1989, but didn't need to fly home. So take your base pay times 3 figure that your gonna pay some money out and then take Achpeds post and figure he left with 1500.00 How far do you have to fly and such, How far do you have to fly to your school ? Everyone should leave with roughly the same amount. After that it varies

Thank you LCpl Matt for the correction.

Just to be perfectly clear, a pet peeve I have, that 1500 was AFTER you paid for both your flight home for leave and flight back to MCT? Also, is it gonna be easy to access that money since it'll be in the new account that's set up at Boot? Would I be able to take all of it out like in cash or Money Order, or would I be able to transfer that money and the Direct Deposit info to the account I already have now, before I leave Boot?

If anybody else would like to answer this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for your guys responses.

You may get a hard check out of boot, I did, but it may be different now and your S-1 clerk will be able to take care of you wherever you may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe View Post
    You may get a hard check out of boot, I did, but it may be different now and your S-1 clerk will be able to take care of you wherever you may be.
    You get an account set up for you while your at bootcamp. The bank depends on what coast your on. East gets FSNB, and west I think gets Pacific. All your money will be put in that account while your in boot. You actually get a statement while your there. The only time you touch that money is WHEN you use all the money in your easy pay account.

How much you make depends on your situation. Such as, Married, single Contract PFC, or whatever else. I have some married buddys who left with around $5k or so. I left with about $1500, without paying for a ticket home.

Goes to show ya what I know lol. I was single and never thought of that at the time. Hmmm 5g's thats a lot of tattoo work when you get to Court St. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe View Post
    Goes to show ya what I know lol. I was single and never thought of that at the time. Hmmm 5g's thats a lot of tattoo work when you get to Court St. lol
    Ill be honest. It came up in conversation, and I was actually suprised at that amount of money. So I really don't know if they where being honest or not. However had I known that i could of gotten that. I might of gotten married before bootcamp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I guess they don't hand out a hooker, and a bottle of Jack anymore?

Credits
    Savings
    When I was in I pretty sure they made you make all your travel arrangements before you left boot camp, so there shouldn't be any additional travel costs with the exception of travel from the airport/bus depot you will be arriving at and then to your duty station. For example I went to MOS school in Anniston, Alabama. I flew in to Birmingham airport and then had to take a bus to Anniston ( an additional expense I was not aware of at the time). When I got to Camp Pendleton I arrived at the airport and was lucky enough to be taken to the movement center by a couple of Marines that where at the airport picking up one of their buddies from leave. So it varies greatly, and both Marines that posted here about the amount they recieved did not pay for travel home after boot camp only travel from their home of record to their next duty station.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    When I was in I pretty sure they made you make all your travel arrangements before you left boot camp, so there shouldn't be any additional travel costs with the exception of travel from the airport/bus depot you will be arriving at and then to your duty station. For example I went to MOS school in Anniston, Alabama. I flew in to Birmingham airport and then had to take a bus to Anniston ( an additional expense I was not aware of at the time). When I got to Camp Pendleton I arrived at the airport and was lucky enough to be taken to the movement center by a couple of Marines that where at the airport picking up one of their buddies from leave. So it varies greatly, and both Marines that posted here about the amount they recieved did not pay for travel home after boot camp only travel from their home of record to their next duty station.
    So let me get this straight, cause now I'm confused. You DON'T have to pay for your ticket home from Boot? Only your ticket to your MOS school location? Does the Corps pay your way home? Cause I've been reading otherwise, that you have to pay for both your way home from Boot and your way to MOS school. Thanks again and sorry for my confusion.

Thread Information