Help with enlisting
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Help with enlisting

I am currently 26. When I was 15-16 I was hospitalized twice for depression each time for a week. This was followed by seeing a councelor for a few months weekly. This happened right after my parents divorced, it has recently been brought to my attention that this will ruin my chances of being a Marine. This was over 10 years ago and I am fine now and actually work in the mental health field. So i guess i Have a few questions

1. Are my chances completely shot?

2. Is a waiver possible and/or likely?

A friend who is in the Army told me to just not mention it however I want to be honorable about it rather then get kicked out later when my lie would be found out...I WILL NOT lie!

This does not automatically disqualify you. You will need to get the medical documents and give them to your recruiter. You will need to explain the reasons behind your depression on the meps medical forms. You still have a shot.

Agree with MARINECID. The chances of obtaining a waiver are greatly increased if you tell them up front. If you tell them after you enlist, it's a completely different story.

No matter what, you must mention it to your Recruiter. The rules are there for a reason, abide by them.

Gunz out ~

Thread Information