Parris Island Marines - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndCEBSupply View Post
    San Diego Marine Boot Camp is like bigger brother to you guys in Parris Island.

Paradise Island sounds more like it.
    Okay lets look at some facts here San Diego didnt have Marine Presence until 1915 where as there were Marines tooling about the Union Ships and shore parties that blockaded Beaufort, SC during the Civil War thats a 53 year head start. But Marines were not officially stationed there til 1891 thats still a 24 year head start.

Parris Island was Officially designated as a Marine Corps Recruit Depot on November 1, 1915....where as San Diego was officially designated as a Marine Corps Recruit Depot in 1948 we still have a longer streak.

Parris Island has its own rifle ranges and field training area. San Diego has to go and use Camp Pendletons.

Big brother...psshhhh hardly.....Parris Island is more like the Father of San Diego.

Now Hollywood go peddle your crap else where.

Oh and no hard feelings brother.....it's an Island thing.

Last edited by mgkusmc; 12-02-08 at 01:47 PM. Reason: wanted to

I was in the third battalion at PI ,hit fat body, passed all tests first day still sent back, motivation for a week sent back, third platoon DIs were going to jail ,after third set of DIs graduated as the honor platoon with a bunch of other pickups,lost 50# just in time for TET, lost 30 more, thanks for the memories, I'm proud to have made it thru Semper Fi! Lord bring back our young men from harms way!

Update: Parris Island Marine Group Size : 119!
    San Diego Marine Group Size: 5!

Who's The Big Brother 2ndceb? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc View Post
    Okay lets look at some facts here San Diego didnt have Marine Presence until 1915 where as there were Marines tooling about the Union Ships and shore parties that blockaded Beaufort, SC during the Civil War thats a 53 year head start. But Marines were not officially stationed there til 1891 thats still a 24 year head start.

Parris Island was Officially designated as a Marine Corps Recruit Depot on November 1, 1915....where as San Diego was officially designated as a Marine Corps Recruit Depot in 1948 we still have a longer streak.

Parris Island has its own rifle ranges and field training area. San Diego has to go and use Camp Pendletons.

Big brother...psshhhh hardly.....Parris Island is more like the Father of San Diego.

Now Hollywood go peddle your crap else where.

Oh and no hard feelings brother.....it's an Island thing.

As soon as Paradise Island grows some mountains then i will except it as a challenge swamps or humidity dont count.

As soon as Paradise Island grows some mountains then i will except it as a challenge swamps or humidity dont count.
    San Diego doesnt have mountains either.....they borrow Camp Pendletons....oooh burn! LoL

San Diego doesnt have mountains either.....they borrow Camp Pendletons....oooh burn! LoL

LOL ...I really was laughing when i read that no pun intended.

Who has it harder though? This goes beyond opinnion and more of fact.

See this flag being raised here they were probally from west coast because going up that mountain seems kinda west coast.

LOL ...I really was laughing when i read that no pun intended.

Who has it harder though? This goes beyond opinnion and more of fact.

See this flag being raised here they were probally from west coast because going up that mountain seems kinda west coast.
    Honestly boot camp is as hard as the individual makes it.

And of course they were west coast Marines....only a Hollywood Marine would cheese it up for the Camera

Honestly boot camp is as hard as the individual makes it.

And of course they were west coast Marines....only a Hollywood Marine would cheese it up for the Camera
    Yeah it is.

If Diego had swamp and sand fleas,they'd be makin movies and not makin Marines....
    When it comes to mountains,Pendelton has them,not SD.

I think that both boot camps are getting soft, when I went through PI we had to clear minefields with a hammer.

Credits
    Savings
    MY NAME IS PARRIS ISLAND"

If you have been here, you know my name, My name is Parris Island.I was officially started in 1915 and I've seen recruits come and go by the thousands. If you were here when you got here by ferry boat, then you are truly old Corps. All recruits see my main gate only twice, once on the way in and once on the way out.Mostly you come by bus in the middle of the night. Tall,short,fat, skinny, black and white, long hair, short hair.You come through my main gate laughing some scared, mostly you act like teenagers, mostly you are teenagers.You each come here for your own reasons, but most come to test themselves, most need a direction in their lives. As you pass through my main gate your lives will change from that point on. I hope to see you leave as Marines, but you will not all leave together as Marines.Some will leave by themselves ,not Marines. They did not make the goal, my heart goes out to them, but not everyone can be a Marine. But today my heart is full of pride, for the next graduation of recruits, now MARINES, is leaving my front gate, teenagers no more but young men & women with a history to live up to.13 weeks and just look at the change. You know this is a happy day for me, but my best days are yet to come. That's when these Marines come back to see me 20, 30, 40 years from now. Oh yea, a lot of the old ones come back to see me, they have not forgottenOld Parris Island and I have not forgotten them. Former Marines and I have this bond, it's in our blood, it's PRIDE it is where it all started for both of us. My sad days are the ones that those that can't come back to see me those that were killed in WW1, WW11,Korea,Viet Nam, Beirut and all the little actions around the world. Hey, I've got to go have a bus load coming in tonight and one leaving in the morning...SEMPER FI!! You all come back and see me, you hear!

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    I think that both boot camps are getting soft, when I went through PI we had to clear minefields with a hammer.
    yea but that was just for motivational platoon back then lol

Is the Motovation ditch still there or has it been PC'd out? At the range our Senior would have Recruits from the moto platoon parade across the sinks while we were cleaning weapons. What a stench.

Second Recruit Training Battalion:Best of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastion View Post
    Second Recruit Training Battalion:Best of the island.
    Can't argue with that.

Thread Information