Parris Island Marines - Page 27
Create Post
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went thru San Diego 1968, There were a few recruits that had fallen off the ropes before we got there... Same story.. some were badly hurt...
    Anyway.. Welcome to the site..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your still a Marine and my Friend Thearle.
    God Bless you Brother.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thank you both, ChuckH and Rocky C. You just gave me the chills. I watched some of the films at PI on FB and it looked as if those ropes are set lower. I went from a skinny 134 pounder to an inch taller and 175 pounds. If there is a problem on our soil, give me my M1. One shot; one kill still applies. Having been converted from left to right shoot wasawkward but now I fire anything with either hand.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice Brother

I think what really bothers me about not finding that grad book is the fact that PISC and the brothers in 339 and HDI SSGT Rushing changed my whole life. It was a year to the day that my Dad died and I was angry, bitter, lost, scared and bullies had a ball with me. After PI and the Corps, all that changed. The People in the Corps have no idea how indebted I am in them In the Native American Language we speak "Aho," which translates into --"My words are true." Heading towards yellow footprints now. Not giving up. Semper Fi.

Two things I recall...there were maybe 15 smokers when we started out but toward the end of boot, when smoking lamp was lit, there must have been thirty and we all smoked the 100's. The other thing is we were the first or second platoon, 3rd battalion that occupied the new barracks. Semper Fi, my Brother.

Thread Information