Parris Island Marines - Page 22
Create Post
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    For myself it was 12/27/63 until 3/17/64, then on to more stuff....
    (3rd Bn., Plt. 301)

Parris Island

Joined the CORPS 28 May 1965 & left shortly thereafter for Parris Island. I rode the last passanger train to leave out of Nashville, Tennessee. It was sometime in August 1965 when my platoon ( #328 ) graduated. My Drill Instructors were SSgt. Craddock, Sgt. Mullins & Cpl. Spencer. Camp Lejeune was my first duty station & RVN my second. It's been 45 years last month since I was at Parris Island.

Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    Roger D. Stewart

I joined. Of course PI Marines are the best, no doubt.

I stepped on those yellow footprints 38 years ago yesterday, used to be a great anniversary for me until some camel jockies decided to "visit" NY. Virgins my a$$. We all know who gets the virgins, don't we?

I went to boot camp in San Diego and got stationed on the Island from 97-00...only thing I dont miss about it is the sand fleas

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Hey Marine,we would like to see you join our Social Group "Parris Island Marines"..
    Simply go to My Info,click on and you get to your control panel.On the left side scroll down till you come to social groups ,click on and your good to go...
    Any Marine,if you went through PI,follow the instructions above to join the Social Group....You'll probably have to wait a while ,admin will check you out.....
    SEMPER FI.......................Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Hey Marine,we would like to see you join our Social Group "Parris Island Marines"..
    Simply go to My Info,click on and you get to your control panel.On the left side scroll down till you come to social groups ,click on and your good to go...
    bump

Credits
    Savings

Applied

Applied today 9-14-10 Moz P.I. 1968

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    Applied today 9-14-10 Moz P.I. 1968

I sent a request to join, yall gonna let me in?

35 years ago this month I also stood on those yellow foot prints at the Womens Recruit Depot.

Credits
    Savings
    Dec ,1980 for me,my bro 1982,my nephew 2008.I went to my nephew's graduation with my bro.And PI still had that same swampy smell.I said to my bro wow you smell that he said yeah it's the swamp.lol. P.S. my bro was a DI at PI. SEMPER FI!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Applied about six months ago,nothing !!!!.will try again.did my boot there,PLT 3057 and went through in Oct 1969.

Credits
    Savings
    I tried to Join but was not able to. I followed directions ( I thought) but nothing would come up for me to enter my info. I went through PI in Nov.65 Plt. 2018 Sgt. F.X. Muldowney was Senior DI. Sgt Martin and Cpl. Starr, Jr's. Sure would like to Join PI Marines if somebody will help this Ole Fart through the process. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    I tried to Join but was not able to. I followed directions ( I thought) but nothing would come up for me to enter my info. I went through PI in Nov.65 Plt. 2018 Sgt. F.X. Muldowney was Senior DI. Sgt Martin and Cpl. Starr, Jr's. Sure would like to Join PI Marines if somebody will help this Ole Fart through the process. Semper Fi
    Semperfi Foxman, I had Gunny Muldowney as my senior DI at the island. We were his last platoon,258, before he became series Gunny. We won every streamer and trophy they had and set a drill comp. record also...I couldn"t imagine a better man to inspire and motivate recruits than Gunny Mo...I made pfc. and really worked hard at it but every other marine there deserved it also...Remember how he would sing the Hymn to us before lights out!!! If you ever want to compare notebooks on him i"d be happy to do so. I would also like to hear from any others who were in 258 if you"re out there...God Bless All...SemperFi...jack Denahy

Thread Information