Parris Island Marines - Page 21
Create Post
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I cannot understand why I cannot remember the date I graduated PI. I went in boot camp July 68 Plt 397 3rd blt. I cannot remember the date I went to PI either. My plt number and blt are in my brain along with my service number before we went to SSN. Before I got out in 72 we had to remember service number and SSN.
    Guess when we get old our memory goes. It does **** me off though.
    Semper Fi Redman

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    I cannot understand why I cannot remember the date I graduated PI. I went in boot camp July 68 Plt 397 3rd blt. I cannot remember the date I went to PI either. My plt number and blt are in my brain along with my service number before we went to SSN. Before I got out in 72 we had to remember service number and SSN.
    Guess when we get old our memory goes. It does **** me off though.
    Semper Fi Redman

I arrived in PI on July 9th. So if you arrived in July I'm sure you would have left apox. Oct. If your boot was 13 weeks at that time. I heard durring that time it was shorter. Don't know if there is any truth to that I've done no research on it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had 13 weeks at PI and then 2 wks at Lejeune.
    Semper Fi Redman

We had 13 weeks at PI and then 2 wks at Lejeune.
    Semper Fi Redman
    Then you probably Graduated some time in OCT. hope it helps.
    SEMPER FI

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just got out my my book started training 19 July 68 graduated 23 Sept 68
    Been looking at training pictures I haven't seen in years.
    Elliot's beach, rifle range, wearing chrome domes, and so on some good memories some bad but most of all I became a Marine.
    Semper Fi Redman

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    BTW I DID NOT START THIS GROUP . MGKUSMC STARTED,I'M JUST RECRUITING FOR HIM.
    IN MIKES OWN WORDS "

P I MARINES ARE THE BEST"

MCRD here:
    rekon that leaves me out.. O well....

PI….PI …hummmmm ant that the only base where they train girls to become Marines????

Has anyone heard any more about the Corps closing down and moving boot camp to Camp Geiger? I hope they won't cause PI is history dating back to before WWI.

Quote Originally Posted by ronr418 View Post
    Has anyone heard any more about the Corps closing down and moving boot camp to Camp Geiger? I hope they won't cause PI is history dating back to before WWI.
    That will not happen. with all the money spent on new base housing, training events, ect... it would be a waste of tax payer money if they did. Plus the only thing I found on this subject is an Article from 2004. its been 6 years and nothing has happened yet. If they did what this article says, i would feel so sorry for the future of our Corps.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1250822/posts

I hope they don`t. Parris Island`s a Marine Corps Landmark. Besides. What would they do with all the sandfleas?

8 years ago a 19yr. old boy from the middle of no where Illinois stepped on the yellow foot prints and went down the best road in life at Parris Island,S.C. to become ONE OF THE FEW AND THE PROUD a UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!!! SEMPER FI MARINES!I'm Honored to be called a Brother and a MARINE!!!!

8-18-64 ----11-4-64, "Q" Co. 3rd Bn. (Disney World). Plt 378.
    Sr D.I. Sgt P.C. Formaz
    Jr D.I.s Sgt Squires & Cpl Loupin.

BTW I DID NOT START THIS GROUP . MGKUSMC STARTED,I'M JUST RECRUITING FOR HIM.
    IN MIKES OWN WORDS " P I MARINES ARE THE BEST"

ALL Marines are the best...

Those of us from Paradise Island just happen to be better at it.

I can remember my service number and my senior DIs name butt can not remember my plt number, went to PI on May 19th and finished boot on Aug 6th 1954. senior DI was sgt. Flynn 2ed rec bn, 2ed deck of white wooden barracks.

P.I.Marines

A new social group was started not to long ago,called
    Parris Island Marines.
    We're lookeng for people to join us..
    You need to have been stationed at "Gods Marine Factory",eather as boot,TAD or permanent duty.
    It doesn't matter what year,"Old Corps or New Blood".

How does one arrive at this site?

Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    Roger D. Stewart

Just got out my my book started training 19 July 68 graduated 23 Sept 68
    Been looking at training pictures I haven't seen in years.
    Elliot's beach, rifle range, wearing chrome domes, and so on some good memories some bad but most of all I became a Marine.
    Semper Fi Redman
    Memories are good since we can remember the events but the pain is gone. Looking back I don't see how I ever made it. Had to get a waiver to get in since I only weighed 117LBS. 10 years and 10 months and 2 weeks later I stood tall as a Gunny. What happened to those days? I went in a year before you Buddy so I understand about looking at those old pictures of chrome domes and white skivvy shirts. After returning from Nam I spent the next several years in Beaufort at the MCAS and shopped at the commissary at PI all the time. Felt good to come back (at that time) as a SGT with my combat ribbons and see the boots go through the training.

Thread Information