Parris Island Marines - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    I have been searching the internet for a map of PI with the old buildings. I cannot recall my building number. 1st BN, the last building on the right facing the barracks from the Iwo Monument. Anyone know where a map is to be found?

Would anybody know SSgt M. A. Cortez? I would like to know where he went; he was our male DI.
    Semer Fi
    Linda

June 1964 Plt 262

SSgt Ferrari Head DI, Cpl. Corbit DI

did my boot from nov21972 till feb1973 at Parris Island

Parris Island 1966-67

A couple of photos scanned from my Plt. book.

Try looking at the same map on google earth and see how much its changed.

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pierced58 View Post
    Try looking at the same map on google earth and see how much its changed.
    I've done that with MCRD San Diego and all of the changes are amazing. My barracks are still there though.

Islamifascists delenda est

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I've done that with MCRD San Diego and all of the changes are amazing. My barracks are still there though.
    Quanset????

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Quanset????
    When I went through San Diego 1st and 2d Battalion had the new (now old) barracks to live in. Only 3rd Bn was still in Quonsets, but not for long. I was in 2d Bn.

Islamifascists delenda est

Parris Island is the same as i remember but outside the gate the town has changed so much, i cant find the main gate.

Anyone remember S.D.I. SSgt. Hodges,SGT. Moran or SSGT. Fraciscino
    2nd Bat.platoon 2044 or later
    circa. 1980 or later at M.C.R.D Parris Island platoon

Quote Originally Posted by William Hardy View Post
    I have been searching the internet for a map of PI with the old buildings. I cannot recall my building number. 1st BN, the last building on the right facing the barracks from the Iwo Monument. Anyone know where a map is to be found?

Parris Island has not changed just like the rest of the Corp., Everyone changes, we stay the same oldschool way. Look up the map on google earth and zoom in. The base has stayed the same only the uniforms changed.

Quote Originally Posted by pierced58 View Post
    Parris Island has not changed just like the rest of the Corp., Everyone changes, we stay the same oldschool way. Look up the map on google earth and zoom in. The base has stayed the same only the uniforms changed.
    Negative - That's why I asked if anyone had found any old maps...All the old buildings in 1st BN are long gone...Way back in the 70s when I was there I only saw a few old white wooden "H" style buildings left...one of them was mine, but with the new construction on the far side of the parade deck, it is hard to determine exactly where my barracks was. I have looked, but I haven't run across one yet.
    SF

Count me in. I signed up in '78 and didn't leave PI until '82. Went overseas for a year and ended up right back in Beaufort at the air station. I have had my share of sand fleas.

I am looking for Sgt LG Lee , Sgt Parsons ,or SSgt Herron platoon 2027 Feb. 12 1973 Parris Island SC

Thread Information