Petty but not sure.
Create Post

Petty but not sure.

Does it matter if its, U.S. Marines or US Marines? I am having a decal made up and I am not sure if it should be one way or the other or it it matters notta. It looks weird when I write it down as U.S. Marines on the websites decal builder.

Just wondering.

Jetdoc the proper term is U.S. Marines however you are right that US Marines probably will come out better sorry I couldn't help you any better.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AL49BGN View Post
    Jetdoc the proper term is U.S. Marines however you are right that US Marines probably will come out better sorry I couldn't help you any better.
    Agree!

Thats ok, I appreciate any help and opinions Al and Big Al. I know its not a big deal either way.

U.S. Marines may be "more" correct, but I wouldn't worry about it. I know when I write or type I use US, whether I'm talking about the Marine Corps or not.

According to the higher educated and elistest of the United States, the proper way would be U.S. Marines. But I still think you can do what the hell you want.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Does it matter if its, U.S. Marines or US Marines? I am having a decal made up and I am not sure if it should be one way or the other or it it matters notta. It looks weird when I write it down as U.S. Marines on the websites decal builder.
    Jetdoc,
    I have attached a decal that was given to me at the neighbohood United States Marine Corps Recruiting Office. As you can see there is placed a period after each of the upper case letters U and S. being that those letters represent the abbreviation for the words United States. The decal that I have attached would have to be an officially approved design and, I would think, the answer to your question, "U.S. Marines or US Marines?"
    All the best to you, jetdoc, on your design. I would like to see it when it is done.
    Adios, for now.
    Gary

Attached Images Attached Images

I would think it depends on the design, is it official like the above decal? or more like a Devil Dog foaming at the mouth? .........If you decal is going to be a "professional official" decal I would use the periods.....If not trust your eye and judgement.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    CplKJSpevak-
    You can still use periods for both the U and S letters, incorporating them into the letters themselves. The letter U can have the word United placed within the font and the word States placed within the letter S thereby eliminating the need to use periods.
    You are right about the design and the purpose of that design. I hope the jetdoc lets us see what he's creating. I know that it will be good.
    Adios, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    CplKJSpevak-

I hope the jetdoc lets us see what he's creating. I know that it will be good.
    He's probably designing some kind of tattoo

Notice all the military gear never use the periods in US. Also some those USMC t-shirts are sans periods. Name tapes got them.

I don't think it really matters unless you're using US in a formal way like for documents and letters.

Thread Information