Deployment Question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Deployment Question

How long did it take for you to deploy from the end of bootcamp to you getting deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan and how long was your tour?

You may deploy as soon as you join your unit after your MOS school or not ever. There is no standard timing. Length of tours is however long it takes. We don't disclose troop movements here. Your real name could be Haji.

Quote Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
    How long did it take for you to deploy from the end of bootcamp to you getting deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan and how long was your tour?
    From the day I graduated ITB it was one month to the day that I was in Kuwait waiting to go into Iraq. Deployment was 9 months.
    That was back in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post
    You may deploy as soon as you join your unit after your MOS school or not ever. There is no standard timing. Length of tours is however long it takes. We don't disclose troop movements here. Your real name could be Haji.
    Well, they publish the unit locations and deployment schedules in Marine Corps Times and USMC.MIL so it's not classified information.

Back on topic though, I hit the fleet in July 2003 and I was in Kuwait on February 14th 2004. Drove up to Ramadi 2 weeks later in a soft back HMMWV...lol. This was before IED's of course. The deployment lasted 7 months and my unit began an annual rotation of 7 months deployed and 5 in CONUS for the next 4 years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
    Good question Loggerhead and welcome aboard!

Jim

I've known people who it who deployed 1 month after SOI and I am deploying 10 months after bootcamp it all depends on the needs of the Marine Corps.

Thread Information