MOS Schooling Length
Create Post

Question MOS Schooling Length

My mos is 2311 Ammo Tech. I know the schooling is at he Redstone Arsenal, Huntsvill, AL. What I don't know is how long the schooling last and what the area is like. If anyone can answer these questions for me please do!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't you have a recruiter??? Doesn't he have these answers?? He should have them in his MCOB (MAH-COB). Have him get you the answers. I would do it, but I believe these questions from someone in DEP are better asked and answered with your recruiter. Hell, he got you in the Corps. It is his job to help prepare you for training and that includes answering any questions you have about your whole process.

SIXGUNS

I'm glad you said that, SixGuns. When I tell them things like that I catch hell fer bein' mean to 'em.

Some questions are best answered by the recruiter no matter what, I figger. Some things we can help with here, but there's just no way to answer a lot of their questions with any degree of certainity w/o bein' the kids' recruiter. We don't know all of the details of the individual's enlistment and we don't have any of their paperwork in front of us.

A few of the kids that stop in here seem to be looking for someone to do all of their work for them. There's times when the enlistee is better off researchin' some things for themselves. A good start is for them to read that 'package' they get cover to cover.

In addition, most of what they need to know has been posted on this site to start with.

Of course the youngin' who started this thread could start here:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=Redstone+Arsenal%2C+Huntsville%2C+Alabama

...that is, if they were to get Google fer their search engine.....some of those others don't offer too much fer resources... Other than that, he'd have to wait til someone saw this thread who'd been stationed there or lives there now.

Just fer ****s and grins. The best I can come up with is a four week basic course fer 2311's. There should be a secondary course of some longer length with OJT, then the kid'll be transferred to his unit.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    I agree with Sixguns.

Yes, I'm citing MY experiences during the "draft" and Vietnam Era years.
    There are "order takers" and there are "salesmen".

The attitude of an "order taker" is "Welcome to MacDonald's, may I have your order please?"

A " salesman" is dedicated to his "product" but also recognizes a responsibility to his client/buyer. After-purchase support is a major requirement of a "professional" salesman, as opposed to an order taker or a con-man.

Your Recruiter/salesman sold you two things. One, was the Marine Corps; the quality, benefits, value of which can be attested to by thousands of "users" of the product.

He also "sold" you a MOS. Only a few of the Marine Corps "buyers" are familiar with the MOS he sold you. HE should be the one to establish quality, benefits, and value and answer any and all of your questions.

All anyone else can do is speculate.
    ------------------------------

No initial MOS is terminal in an Occupational Field. Those assigned to a field have a OF number. i.e. 0100, 0200, 0300, etc. etc. etc. Those guaranteed a specific basic MOS within a field will have the opportunity to meet the qualifications required for additional technical advancement and training in that field.

THAT, I can guarantee.

For specifics, TODAY it is your Recruiter, later it will be your Career Counselor's Office.

Also, from SOME initial MOS schools, high performing students MAY be invited to apply for a more technical and advanced schooling before assignment to the field.

You owe it to yourself, and your Recruiter. Talk to him.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bones and FirstSgtMike,

Thanks for weighing in on this one. Sometimes the obvious is overlooked. As a recruiter and NCOIC, I felt as if I wasn't doing m job if a DEP or poolee wasn't coming to me with hs concerns/questions. Even if they had no questions, I would asked them questions to see how much they rmembered about their enlistment agreement, etc. Bones, I know you spend a lot of time finding sites and info for these folks, but sometimes, you need to say WTF. FirstSgtMike, I couldn't have put it any better. Any other time we have questions about products/services we call the place where we bought it and perhaps even ask to speak to our salesperson. Again, thank you both for helping out in here. The recruiter should be the first source for answers for poolees.

SF,

SIXGUNS

Thread Information