Well...it look's like Force Recon. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Help

Hi my name is Sam Faraone and I am wondering can I wear glasses and be in Force Recon? My vision is 20/60 without glasses and correctable to 20/15. I have always wanted to go in the Corp but if its Special Forces wont exept me I will have to go to like navy or army...gay

help please

Quote Originally Posted by qbbanks3 View Post
    There is no more Force Recon!! And if you want to be a Marine just for those reasons and would switch to another branch if you can't cut it as a Recon Marine is weak. If you are motivated enough to try it...more power to you. But if you don't make it you should be d**n proud just to be a Marine.
    1) Fill out your friggin profile completely!

2) Why the fvck are you posting in a forum not designated for poolee's?

3) Why the hell are you talking about the Marine Corps like you've been there and done that? Shut your mouth and stop disrespecting other people. You are at the bottom of the food chain here junior so shut your mouth and march yourself over to the poolee area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabatino21 View Post
    Hi my name is Sam Faraone and I am wondering can I wear glasses and be in Force Recon? My vision is 20/60 without glasses and correctable to 20/15. I have always wanted to go in the Corp but if its Special Forces wont exept me I will have to go to like navy or army...gay

help please
    I don't know about the glasses question but have you considered lasik? You can always enlist in another MOS, get the Lasik for free and then take the Recon indoc once you've spent some time in the Marine Corps and you've got some rank and experience.

And Corps has an S. Also, I would not disrespect the other services by calling them Gay. They have a mission same as the Marine Corps and they do it quite well. The Marines are the best but our fellow services are quite capable of doing what they do!

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    1) Fill out your friggin profile completely!

2) Why the fvck are you posting in a forum not designated for poolee's?

3) Why the hell are you talking about the Marine Corps like you've been there and done that? Shut your mouth and stop disrespecting other people. You are at the bottom of the food chain here junior so shut your mouth and march yourself over to the poolee area.

If you actually read the whole thing, I was answering a post from someone who is not a Marine giving him MY opinion, if you think its cool to become a Marine and then switch branches just because you couldn't get your desired job is your business. Personally, I think it is BS. I was just telling him that he should be happy to earn the title even if he doesn't make Recon. But if it ****es you off my bad. Anyway the forum I posted on was for Marine family. In no way did I intend on disrespecting anyone in a family forum.How did I talk like I've been there done that?? I definitely respect your opinion (you are a Marine) so from now on I will only post in the poolee area. Hopefully this answered your questions.

Last edited by thedrifter; 04-09-09 at 08:02 AM. Reason: WANABEE>>>MARCH YOURSELF TO THE RECRUIT AREA>>>>AND READ THE RULES

If you actually read the whole thing, I was answering a post from someone who is not a Marine giving him MY opinion, if you think its cool to become a Marine and then switch branches just because you couldn't get your desired job is your business. Personally, I think it is BS. I was just telling him that he should be happy to earn the title even if he doesn't make Recon. But if it ****es you off my bad. Anyway the forum I posted on was for Marine family. In no way did I intend on disrespecting anyone in a family forum.How did I talk like I've been there done that?? I definitely respect your opinion (you are a Marine) so from now on I will only post in the poolee area. Hopefully this answered your questions.
    The correct response was "Aye, Cpl!"

Force Recon stood up again at Lejuene. You're dishing out bad scoop, poolee. Go tell your recruiter you have to pay him for disrespecting a Marine and insubordination.

Welcome to the IRR.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    The correct response was "Aye, Cpl!"

Force Recon stood up again at Lejuene. You're dishing out bad scoop, poolee. Go tell your recruiter you have to pay him for disrespecting a Marine and insubordination.

Welcome to the IRR.
    My fault for that (not saying "Aye, Cpl!") but besides that, was there anyway that I disrespected him or was insubordinate? I definitely don't want to do either of those things.

My fault for that (not saying "Aye, Cpl!") but besides that, was there anyway that I disrespected him or was insubordinate? I definitely don't want to do either of those things.
    Consider it a learning experience. You'll learn when to stand up and when to back down. Remember that we're on the internet and its easy to mistake tone.

Remember that if you ever earn the title you'll be expected to man-up and not run your suck when you're being dressed down by someone senior to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Consider it a learning experience. You'll learn when to stand up and when to back down. Remember that we're on the internet and its easy to mistake tone.

Remember that if you ever earn the title you'll be expected to man-up and not run your suck when you're being dressed down by someone senior to you.
    I appreciate the lesson, and from now on I will only be in Poolee forums. And again I meant absolute no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    I will speak with him this Sunday or the Sunday after next and I will get the striaght. He only had five minutes to talk last Sunday. I do know the before he left for BC at Parris Island, his recruiter took him from Tampa to Orlando to try him for "Force Recon" to see if he was a candidate. He ran 7 miles, swam 3 miles and then ran another 5 miles. It had to be done in less than 1:30 and he ran/swam it in 1:22. I hope to talk with him longer on Sunday. Dave

Double check with your son on these times and distances.

No one can run a total of 12 miles ( that's almost two 10K runs ) and swim 3 miles in an hour and a half. The swim alone would take well over one hour.

Sir...your fears will be unfounded. Your son will be safer in recon than in a line Co. He will be better trained and better rounded as a Marine. I mean no disrespect to fleet Marines, it's just he will have better intel on any mission he enjoins. My congratulations to your son and to you for raising the type of man that can qualify for the honor of being a part of recon forces.

OOOOORAH!!

Thread Information