Prior Service Advice
Create Post

Prior Service Advice

Semper Fi Marines,

Just had a quick question on some MOS's. I am in the process of coming back into the Corps and need to list some MOS's. I was wondering if anyone out there can give me a list of MOS's that are in Washington DC or in Virginia.

MOS's or MCC's? Plenty of MOS's are required in the DC Metro area. The best way to find availability would be to talk to a recruiter and have him contact the monitor of your MOS or the one you want. You could always call/email the monitor yourself, but I understand they like that a little more than being poked in the eye. What occ field were you interested in?

prior service

when i was in i was an 0311. i am looking to LAT move into another MOS. I am working with a recruiter now, but i wanted to have some information just in case i get the run around on my job choices.

i am trying to get into an mos that is in the dc or virginia area, i just don't know what types of jobs we do in those areas.

Ah ok. Are you going back to AD or going Reserves? Marines with many different MOS's are in the DC/VA area. The biggest question would be is there a need for a Marine there. This is a tough question to give a clear-cut answer to. Check out the M&RA website for the "hotfills" billets. You may find something in this area in an MOS that you are interested in.

prior service

I am looking at going back in as AD. What is the M&RA Website? I have never heard of it. Can I just google it as you typed it? I appreciate all your help.

M&RA is the Manpower & Reserve Affairs office for the USMC. You should be able to get there from the www.marines.mil website or google "USMC M&RA", either should work. Are you interested in any particular MOS's?

Well i just got out of the corp and i was stationed in the Dc metro area in Quantico, Va there is all type of MOS needed from 0151 Admin to 3051 supply and 6051 which is comm so there is a lot to choose from so what ever you pick you should be good.

Just make sure you do your homework and if the recruiter gives you a line of bull, which he shouldn't, tell him to go pound sand until you get what you want. He's not doing you a favor, your doing him one by coming back in and filling a number slot for him for the month.

Thread Information