Question about GED
Create Post

Question about GED

Can i join the Marine Corps with a GED??

Yes.

I know a mild amount of research on google will turn up an answer on this. I think I saw an answer to this elsewhere in the forums, too. If you can take the time to log in to a website, post a new topic asking this, and wait for an answer, you can find this out for yourself. The Marines here don't mind answering the questions you may have, but you (and all the other poolees and wannabees) need to do your own research. Simple things like this are answered on websites all across the cyber world.

Sorry just wanted to get an anwser from Marines , i did some research and found some answers on yahoo questions but its hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and who is just bsing. thanks for the answer

Trying using the search button up top, it will save you a lot of hassle...here's a few I found right off the bat. Hope that helps!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ighlight=g.e.d
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ighlight=g.e.d

You can join with a GED but you must score at least a 50 on the ASVAB.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by joe37859 View Post
    Sorry just wanted to get an anwser from Marines , i did some research and found some answers on yahoo questions but its hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and who is just bsing. thanks for the answer
    Just who the **** did you think put the answers or whatever into the SEARCH area.

Use the damm thing!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BACKin1775 View Post
    You can join with a GED but you must score at least a 50 on the ASVAB.
    Actually, I believe you must have a high school diploma or a GED and 12 college credits, 100 level or higher (No remedial level, i.e. Math 96 etc). I have been in the RSS several times when a wannabee walked in and got sent away for having only a GED. Hopefully this sheds some light on your question. If you look closely you might find its been answered before in this forum.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    They let in a few Geds a year when they have room, but you must score 50 or more on ASVAB

50 Or More On The Asvab And I Believe It Is Actually 15 College Credits Needed.this Question Has Been Asked A Lot.

AL49BGN is correct.

GED + 15 College credits is all you need. (And thats only one semester)

So go to college, get some credits, then come join us.

Quote Originally Posted by JOConnell View Post
    Actually, I believe you must have a high school diploma or a GED and 12 college credits, 100 level or higher (No remedial level, i.e. Math 96 etc). I have been in the RSS several times when a wannabee walked in and got sent away for having only a GED. Hopefully this sheds some light on your question. If you look closely you might find its been answered before in this forum.
    I believe you are right. My recruiter said they just changed to this policy not long ago.

It actually depends on what the last grade completed is. If your last grade completed is less than 10th, then you WILL need to have college. But yes, most of the answers given in this forum are correct. The bottom line is that it all depends on the needs of the Marine Corps, and your ASVAB scores.

Best way to ensure you can enlist is to do exactly what Sgt Kelk said. Go to Community College and get 15 credits of 100 level (or higher) classes (i.e. Math 101). Not only will this get you where you need to be to meet the education requirements, but it will also give you more options when it comes to MOS programs that you can qualify for.

Good Luck.

Thread Information