Women Marines - how is your attitude? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    Who cares...Thank God there are no females in the infantry. Then instead of dealing with , I dont know , how to win battles, wed have to deal with people feelings getting hurt. Your post proves the reason why women Marines are treated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by DevildogAlways View Post
    And men are different in this regard? I can remember sitting many times listening to buddies groan and gripe about something unfair. So it is alright for guys and not gals? Interesting... I wonder that you would say that, would you say that to a family of a WM that was severely wounded or killed in war? They are out there, you know, fighting, getting killed and injured...right along with their brothers. I guess it is best for guys like you that they aren't really considered to be "fighting on the frontlines." Wonder what you would do.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings. Im sure theres a suggestion box where you can vent or something. Or maybe theres someone around here who has a phone number for the Equal Opportunity advisor where you can file a formal complaint . Good talk , see you out there.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings. Im sure theres a suggestion box where you can vent or something. Or maybe theres someone around here who has a phone number for the Equal Opportunity advisor where you can file a formal complaint . Good talk , see you out there.

Hurt my feelings? No. It takes a great deal more than a seemingly unfair remark to hurt my feelings. I just do not understand why there are people out there with that view. Why does it matter that I am a woman? Guys vent all the time, when a woman does it it is because she is a woman. I don't get it. Women are on the front lines, whether or not they are "infantry." They are pilots, electricians, vehicle repair, just like the guys... about anything but infantry. They can be pouty and slutty, but hey so are some guys. We aren't allowed to be feminine without being just another woman.

And, seriously, you think it is that easy to be heard...as a woman. When I was sexually harrased and tried to report it, I was told that if I didn't keep my mouth shut I would be kicked out dishonorably, they would find a reason. Men of rank don't want to hear it and women of rank are trying to prove themselves so want you to just buck up and take it. No, there is no forum to vent. And as far as the Equal Opportunity Officer...when he is one of the harrasers, there aren't a lot of options left.

That was what seemed like ages ago. I was issued my husband, we decided to have a baby, and I was booted. He had six months left and wanted out to be a stay-at-home dad and go back to school. I had 2 and a half years left, a top secret clearance, a 4.9/4.9 rating, was meritoriously promoted, an expert shot, a first class swim and pt, and I loved my job...but I was told that I needed to be home to be a "mom." Now THAT hurt my feelings. It made me mad as hell, but there was really not much to be done. I talked with everyone from my NCOIC to the CG of the base and everyone said that was what was best. I will never understand that mentallity. So now I am a bit biased when it comes to remarks such as the one you made.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Im sorry I hurt your feelings. Im sure theres a suggestion box where you can vent or something.
    LOL! Just like a man.........stir it up and walk away. I think somebody around here told me that suggestions could be slid under your doorway?

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    LOL! Just like a man.........stir it up and walk away. I think somebody around here told me that suggestions could be slid under your doorway?

U said it...

The End.

I like your quote...what if your wife was a Marine? Would that change things in your mind?

holy cow, this thread has expanded since I last visited! I have to read the thread and get caught up.

1. Its not my quote , Its Oliver North's .

2. That makes no sense.

3. Stop feeling so f*cking sad for yourself. So the green weenie got you too. Just bite down and take it just like the rest of the Marines. Semper Fi Devil Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post

I did learn not to mess with the WMs as they were perfectly capable of laying a good beat down just like male Marines could. In 1974, while streaking was popular, some idiot decided to streak the WM barracks at Futenma, Okinawa. Unfortunately, he chose the non-rate side of the barracks to start. By the time he made it to the NCO side, the hue-and-cry was in full force and he never made it out. Those WM NCOs beat his sorry hide black and blue. He was really happy to see the MPs. I was at the PMO when they brought him in and he was in bad shape.
    da** I'd love to have that on video! That's what I'm talkin about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Do you have a sign next to your name tag that says "Three Years Time In Grade."
    No, I know maybe I shouldn't care so much, but pride is an ugly thing sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    was in exsactly 18 months...never even met or saw a WM....was more interested in keeping myself and my brothers alive to be thinking about WMs
    thank you for your service mothergoose guess you can relate to use comeing home from nam with out even getting a kiss my azz from all back here in the world

be safe
    I give you major props and a huge THANK YOU for your service in Vietnam. I have mad respect for all Vietnam Veterans. I was just a little girl back during that time period, but I would have loved to slash a few hippies throats for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    While coaching on the rifle range.... one of my shooters was a female captain. She made a poor shot and the first thing I asked her was did she feel she had applied all the basics and that the shot was good? She said yes so I told her to take another shot. She did and hit approx the same place so I gave her a dope change. Next shot was even worse. She threw a fit about how I probably couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a boat paddle and I had caused her to waste 3 rounds. I said maam I can can get you a whole can of ammo to shoot and keep you on the line as long as you like. I said I can not shoot your weapon for you on qual day so we need to get it right. She got even madder and started asking who my boss was. It was quite the professional experience. I was lucky in that encounter as I was on temp loan from the operations office and my boss was Capt. Feight the operations officer... you know the guy that signs score cards and such on the rifle range.
    I agree, her attitude was total bs

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    There were no WMs around me in "69 to "73,,,,, And I had a joking attitude. We all did. For YEARS I didn't think about WMs or attitude, till I got old, and on this site, met up with Marine84, A lady of ordinance, serving what I served. Loving what I loved. Proud like I am proud. An 'Old Dog' can learn new. Sorry I was so stupid in my youth. I now know you are my sister,,,,,,,, I can't regret or forget. SF.
    well I know I get mad about stuff that I probably shouldn't be getting mad about. I always have to remember this too, that there are a lot of veterans who did not even see female Marines when they served. I know that ultimately there is really no cause for offense... it's the red hair... I gotta get worked about something at least once a day!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtThrasher View Post
    I respect all Marines that do their jobs and are professional and I know how it feels to be slighted as a Vietnam Vet and I understand MotherGoose's feelings.
    Thanks Sgt Thrasher for your service in Vietnam. I'm glad that your brief encounter with the female Corporal was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Be that as it may, there are more 1st Civ Div chippys at the VFW these days than you can shake a stick at. Just letting them know you are prior Marine and the doors open.
    And this is why other branches of the service get jealous.... the ladies love Marines!!

Thread Information